Sodas -- My Nemisis

Options
For those who were used to drinking soft drinks all the time to not drinking them at all, what was your secret? I'm not interested in going to diet sodas, I just want to quit them altogether. My husband and I have made the effort and was successful for about two months, and then we caved. I try to only make due with water and milk, but what are your secrets to sticking with it? How do you keep that willpower strong? :P

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to cut them out? Can you just limit how many you drink?
  • DoneBroughtSexyBack
    Options
    I didn't go diet either, I would still crave it. I just started making a conscious effort to drink water. I still slip up from time to time, but I used to drink them all day every day and now I may slip up and get one once a week... But I'm certainly trying to quit them completely.
  • Adrini
    Adrini Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I didn't cut them out. I limited them and used them as rewards.

If I work out an hour a day AND do weight lifting and cardio in that time (really push myself) I can have one with lunch. I burn way more calories in hour then the soda contains to it works out fine.
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I did it by switching to unsweet tea, then caffeine became a problem for me, so now I am only getting water with lemon. But I would love to have a coke.
  • hisgirl86
    hisgirl86 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to cut them out? Can you just limit how many you drink?

Soda for me is one of those things that I have a hard time controlling myself with. If I drink one, that's all I want to drink all day. So I'd rather just cut them out altogether.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Is it perhaps the carbonation you like? I find that sometimes water just tastes so... flat. Would a club soda with a splash of juice or lemon wedge work for you?
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Is the problem that you really like soda or that your just don't really like water? I drink diet soda but I also drink water with those water flavor drops like mio. My favorite is putting those drops in Perrier. I use the pink lemonade one so it's like a sparkling pink lemonade.