Can YOU Help Me?

Options
Hello every-one.....
I'm felling so depress....:ohwell:
I've been dieting for over 2 months, and I only manage to loose 6lb!!!
My goal was to loose 2 sizes for a weeding next month in Spain.....And I didn't even loose
a size!!!
I have 1200 calories, or over, a day. Lots of vegetables, fruit, tofu, salads, no bread, once a week pasta, (everything Organic)....
lots of watter, 3hours a week of Vinyasa yoga + runing if I have time.......
And I don't know what I'm doing wrong!!!
I think I live a healthy life.:heart:
Can you tell me how are you doing, any tips, supplements for the diet , ANY THING???
Please....:sad:
Thanks for reading my words, and good luck to you.
Peace&Love:flowerforyou: :heart:
Sonia

Replies

• Soniabruja
    Options
    Hello every-one.....
    I'm felling so depress....:ohwell:
    I've been dieting for over 2 months, and I only manage to loose 6lb!!!
    My goal was to loose 2 sizes for a weeding next month in Spain.....And I didn't even loose
    a size!!!
    I have 1200 calories, or over, a day. Lots of vegetables, fruit, tofu, salads, no bread, once a week pasta, (everything Organic)....
    lots of watter, 3hours a week of Vinyasa yoga + runing if I have time.......
    And I don't know what I'm doing wrong!!!
    I think I live a healthy life.:heart:
    Can you tell me how are you doing, any tips, supplements for the diet , ANY THING???
    Please....:sad:
    Thanks for reading my words, and good luck to you.
    Peace&Love:flowerforyou: :heart:
    Sonia
  • rayneenie
    rayneenie Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    try exercising more.
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    It's hard to say what's happening to you. Where did the 1200 calorie figure come from? This website or a self induced figure? If you've placed yourself on a restricted diet your body could be thinking it's in starvation mode and resisting your efforts. On the other hand if you're doing everything the website has recommended then it just could be that you're at a stage where your body just doesn't want to lose the weight without heavier exercise as suggested by "rayneenie."

As a result of your workouts have you noticed any changes in your body shape with respect to tightening up in any way?

I'm not a big proponent on everything organic but I don't think that's doing more or less for your body than the cost is for the pocket book.

I wish I could say something more to help you achieve your goals. Bob
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    rheston is right. If you're comfortable with it, your numbers would help us tell you whether you are in error with calories, I.E. your age, height, weight, activity level (what do you do for a living). That way we may be able to tell you what we think your calories should be at.

regards
  • jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    Yeah, I was gonna say...I'm on a 1400 cal diet because I am about 60 to 70 pounds overweight. I don't exercise a lot....If I exercise my cal intake increases....sometimes to 2000 cals or more. I have agree with rheston. Your body may be in starvation mode....??:ohwell:
  • Soniabruja
    Options
    Thank guys....
    You may need more information about my self....
    I'm 32 years old, Mother of 2 little boys, working as a designer from home..
    My weight: 172lb
    My goal: 143lb
    My calories intake a day: 1200 cal.(from Myfitnesspal)

And yes, i feel great after exercising...I may have to find more time to exercise..It's so difficult with the kids......

Thanks again
    Sonia:flowerforyou:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

Don't throw rocks at me for this...but maybe increase your cals
    When I came to this site about 2 mnths ago, 1290 cal a day was rec for me
    To me that was unrealistic and I upped it to 1400...
    Again, don't flame me...but I don't work out...I;m a SAHM of a 2 and 4 yr old and never sit down...
    I've lost almost 20 pounds in 2 mnths (now 136, was 155)

Just a thought...
    Kim
  • banks1850
    Options
    Need your height. tough without height.
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Maybe make sure you're not going for a calories-per-day number below your BMR. MFP initially gave me a calorie suggestion that was below my BMR. In case you don't know, (sorry if you already do!), your BMR (basal metabolic rate) is the number of calories your body burns just to keep your body running. You can calculate your BMR under "Tools" at the menu at the top of the page.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I recently hit 199, and I went in to MFP to re-calculate my calorie intake. It took me from around 1460 per day to around 1300 per day...guess what I didn't lose anything last week..:grumble: .I'm going back to the1460 per day! I was consistantly losing when I ate around 1500 per day.
  • graypink0130
    Options
    Try this:

When you run, think of your speed as levels 1 through 10. Start off at one, then after about 2 blocks pick up the speed to lets say a 8, then after like 4 blocks, take your speed to a 3 and keep alternating like this for a 30 minute run. (best to do this in the mornings) Then don't eat ANYTHING for an hour! Drink water and cool your body down. This will help you lose weight. I used to do it in college a personal trainer told me about it. See what happens when you are trying to lose weight and you keep everything the same is that your body is not being challenged enough. It gets used to your daily run and it is no longer excerting excess energy. Try this for about a week for 4 days, you should see results by the end of the week.:glasses:
  • Soniabruja
    Options
    Thanks again every-body!!!
    I feel great after all your words....:wink:
    My height:5feet 9 inches
    BMI: 25.5
    Weight: 171lbs
    Goal: 143lbs

I'll try to do more exercise a week, and I'm going to take more calories a day, 1200 to 1400.
    I will let you know about it in 2 weeks time.....:bigsmile:

Peace&Love to all of you:heart:
    Sonia
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Ahhh you know its hard sometimes. I know people who lose weight so easily. I have been doing this since January and I eat my 1200 calories, I exercise 4-5x a week at 400-500 calories each and 3 months later I am only down 3 lbs.

I guess that is why its a weight loss struggle for most of us. If you can incorporate yoga, I would do that. Yoga actually sculpts your body in amazing weighs....speaking of, I need to get back to yoga!! hahaah
  • banks1850
    Options
    you are right at the edge of your minimum calories. I personally think you should be eating around 16 to 1800 calories a day. at 1200 you are 1000 calories below your maintain. If you exercise you definately need to eat those exercise calories. Again, I would up it by 3 to 500 calories a day.
  • racoon1
    racoon1 Posts: 78
    Options
    encouragement 6 lost calories in 2 mos is great. maybe you need to up the calories or maybe just reduce salt intake prior to the wedding.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options
    Ahhh you know its hard sometimes. I know people who lose weight so easily. I have been doing this since January and I eat my 1200 calories, I exercise 4-5x a week at 400-500 calories each and 3 months later I am only down 3 lbs.

I guess that is why its a weight loss struggle for most of us. If you can incorporate yoga, I would do that. Yoga actually sculpts your body in amazing weighs....speaking of, I need to get back to yoga!! hahaah

dulceluva,

If you don't mind my asking, why have you chosen to "eat only when hungry" ? Why are you eating 1200 calories and then exercising 400-500 calories, and not eating back those calories? I've read many posts by you and you frequently advise others to "eat when hungry, that's what I do...." and yet you admittedly cannot lose weight. "Three months.......6 pounds"

If you have 49 pounds to lose, and have been here for three months and have only lost 3 pounds, I have to ask, "How's that working for you??"

If you would use the recommended guidelines here on myfitnesspal, and EAT your calories given by exercise, you would probably start losing right away. Please go back and read all the posts about starvation mode. I don't think you "get" it yet.

Good luck.

Everyone else, please educate yourselves, and don't necessarily believe members who have had no success and who (by their own admission) are not following the healthy weight loss guidelines here.
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Good point cmriverside...you must eat the calories that you burn with exercise. 1200 calories is what we burn if we were to not do ANYTHING but sit and sleep, if you're burning extra calories with exercise, you must put those calories back into your body, otherwise your body will go into starvation mode and hang onto every thing you put in. In the starvation mode you will not loose weight, or the weight loss will be very slow.

Good luck to everyone. Remember to exercise and eat those calories!!!:smile:
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    congrats on your wedding:heart:

you will be a beautiful bride no matter what the scale says:flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    dulceluva & Soniabruja

Please take your time and read these. REALLY READ ALL OF IT!!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing

You need to eat throughout the day. Breakfast-snack-lunch-snack-dinner. Snacks will increase your metabolism as well as the meals you are eating. Also, make sure you are increasing your calories with exercise. Please be safe and do it right. Step by step, day by day. If you don't drop the 2 sizes by the wedding, your hunny will still love you. Be healthy.
    I posted the 700 calories because of the infor in it. I see you are eating 1200. Just very informative.
  • Soniabruja
    Options
    Thanks for that!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: