Mmmm, homemade cheese!

Options
aippolito1
aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
I follow this girl on her blog, Rachel. She does a lot of "homemaker" type things and today she posted about making her own Indian (Paneer) cheese! I thought this was so cool and I want to try it! I thought it'd be great for those of us on here who like to know what exactly is in our food! This... only milk and lime juice, how fun! Here's her entry:

http://heart-of-light.blogspot.com/2010/03/homemade-paneer.html

And the complete directions to make the Paneer:

http://www.nandyala.org/mahanandi/archives/2005/06/06/delightful-paneer/

I can't say I've ever eaten Paneer but just the thought of making my own cheese excites me!! It would be pretty simple to figure out nutrition facts too since it only has 2 ingredients.

Replies

• sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this... I love reading homemaker blogs... hmmmm... wonder if my house would be better off if I DID the homemaking instead of reading about how other people do them... lol!
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    Options
    neat I'll have to check it out. I saw one post (not on here) about a guy making home-made cheese with his wifes breastmilk.. I just can't bring myself to try that recipe LOL.
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    Options
    duplication.
  • gummibaehr
    gummibaehr Posts: 143
    Options
    I LOVE paneer cheese! I'll have to try this, too! Thanks for sharing!
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    neat I'll have to check it out. I saw one post (not on here) about a guy making home-made cheese with his wifes breastmilk.. I just can't bring myself to try that recipe LOL.

I'm just not sure how to respond to that....

But thanks for sharing the recipe link-I'm definitely going to make my own cheese...
  • JJRunning
    JJRunning Posts: 146
    Options
    Thanks! I'll save this one for later :tongue:
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    OO i like this blog! and the thought of making your own cheese! Thanks for sharing.

Also- her etsy shop has some really cool stuff. I love etsy. If you haven't checked it out you should! :)
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I made paneer for the very first time just the other day! Fun. :smile: (and yum)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options

lol If the girl was healthy & the milk tasted okay, I'd be okay with it - I mean, if it were MY milk. Anyone else eating it I think would be weird.
    Also- her etsy shop has some really cool stuff. I love etsy. If you haven't checked it out you should! :)

Oh, yeah I know! That's how I found her blog!!
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Wonder what his friends had to say about being invited over for dinner after that? "Huh, gee, I think I have a root canal I can't miss, sorry!" LOL
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options

Thats is gross lol
  • all4tjs
    all4tjs Posts: 51
    Options
    Bumpin' it! Thanks for the post :)
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    love it! thanks for the link!