Peanut Butter

Options
I have only ever eat Peter Pan Peanut Butter...I know it's probably one of the worst for me, any suggestions for a "good for you but still tastes good peanut butter?"

Replies

• JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I got Skippy Natural no stir, it's really good (I'm a huge peanut butter fan) and I think it's better then something like Peter Pan. Serving: 2tbsp
    Calories: 190
    Fat: 16g
    Sat fat: 3.5g
    Sodium: 150mg
    Carbs: 6g
    Fiber: 2g
    Sugar: 3g
    Protein: 7g
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I use Maranatha organic no stir peanut butter, and when I have PB I try to only have 1 tbsp. PB is of course high in calories, but choosing an organic kind is much better. It does cost almost $5 for a 16oz jar, but that will last me a while.

Also, I started to buy JIF Natural for my boys (I make PB & Jelly pretty much every day for my husband and 3 teenage boys for lunch) because it doesn't have any hydrogenated oil in it. And that is only $3.19 for a 28oz jar.

Just try to stay away from the partially hydrogenated oil.
  • gc2052
    gc2052 Posts: 183
    Options
    By looking through the database, It looks like Jiffy and Skippy are about the same. Peter Pan is the worst. I thought Almond butter might be better but it is about the same as skippy.jiffy.
    I am a P/B fan also
  • mommy2js
    mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Also - the healthiest natural peanut butter will have no "tropical oils" but be only peanuts and maybe salt in the ingredients.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I eat Peanut Butter & Co. It's no-stir/fridge and it's all natural. It does have palm fruit oil in it, but from what I have researched that oil isn't bad. I get the "Crunch Time" and also the "Dark Chocolate Dreams." :love:

I also have some Smuckers Organic in the fridge. It's not quite my cup of tea. The only ingredients are peanuts and salt, and I use it for baking. You have to stir it a lot and keep it cold. I just tastes like ground up peanuts, so if that's what you're looking for this is a good choice!
  • mommy2js
    mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I eat Peanut Butter & Co. It's no-stir/fridge and it's all natural. It does have palm fruit oil in it, but from what I have researched that oil isn't bad. I get the "Crunch Time" and also the "Dark Chocolate Dreams." :love:

I also have some Smuckers Organic in the fridge. It's not quite my cup of tea. The only ingredients are peanuts and salt, and I use it for baking. You have to stir it a lot and keep it cold. I just tastes like ground up peanuts, so if that's what you're looking for this is a good choice!

here's a tip for pb you have to stir and store in the fridge - store it upside down and the oil will be absorbed into the rest of the peanut butter and you don't have to stir!!!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I recently bough organic peanut butter, and I love it! My mom kept telling me it tastes different, but I bought crunchy kind, and I love having a tbsp of it with an apple. Really good. I think adapting new things just takes time to get used to. :happy:
    2057 Posts: 1
    Options
    eat the peanut butter you like just watch the amount you are spreading on. it is about moderation
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I cant eat peanut butter, it gives me heartburn.:cry:
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    jiff with honey is my fav at the moment. I'm one who can only eat 1/2 a serving though.