What is a good substitute for mayo?

Options
2»

Replies

• albertjanetsky
    albertjanetsky Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree with FredDoyle. What's even more fun is turning a gallon of your favorite milk into you're own Greek Yogurt.

here is how...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CN7938yu1s
  • kellie1055
    kellie1055 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have a low calorie mayo in my fridge right now - I can't remember the name of it exactly, but I think it's Hellman's. It tastes great and only has like 15 calories for 2 tbsp, which I find is too much on a sandwich!!

When I get home I'll try to remember to look, come back, and let you know :D

If you love mayo, no reason to cut it out completely - just look for a "healthier" version!

Thats awesome!! I cant wait to find out what this is!
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Oh the chipotle sandwich spread sounds good, i'll look for that!

I used to use light/olive oil mayo - problem is I really like a lot of it, so 1 tbsp wouldnt' cut it :(. Is it difficult to make your own mayo?
    i've never like the fat free mayos, they have a weird taste.

I love avocado on sandwiches but still need mayo lol
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Use mayo just less of it! Nothing wrong with mayo! I love Hellmans half fat mayo. Sometimes I mix in other spices to help change up the flavour.

People use greek yogurt as a sustitute.. I'm not fond of it as I prefer mayo.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I used to use light/olive oil mayo - problem is I really like a lot of it, so 1 tbsp wouldnt' cut it :(.

i don't want to use less of it lol! i want something where I can use a good amount of it