What do you want to do when you "grow up"

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I wanted to be a teacher. I became a teacher.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I always wanted to work in a funeral home.. which I did before we relocated. I LOVED it and miss it.... so I start mortuary school this August. ::bigsmile:

That's kind of interesting. What do you like most about it? What do you like least?
  • I'm already doing it! I'm retiring in 6.5years at 50yo :)
  • Fatguy2Fitguy
    Fatguy2Fitguy Posts: 129 Member
    I wanted to be a fireman, unfortunately my fear of ladders and fire put paid to that! (I'm not even joking!)
  • nekoface
    nekoface Posts: 149 Member
    I wanted to be like David Attenborough.

I got as far as studying biology and plant chemistry, then sadly entered the soul sucking world of real work.

I did try!
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Pretty much the same thing... I've always wanted to dance. I didn't want to "be a dancer" - but I wanted to dance. I did acting, but I can't sing. Choreography is also my #1 passion in life, & probably always will be.

I always wanted to do big things & create though. So far I've done lots of smaller creative things, & since I believe life is about constantly growing, I just have to keep doing what I'm doing & make bigger steps in the path of life. :smile:
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    I wanted to be an archeologist. I don't really know why. Or a writer, or a librarian. I guess I was a pretty nerdy kid (:
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    http://www.lolbrary.com/content/674/they-said-i-could-become-anything-so-i-became-a-cloud-14674.jpg

I know it was in the forums before... But it's so funny!

And I clearly do'nt know how to add pictures :grumble:
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    I always wanted to work in a funeral home.. which I did before we relocated. I LOVED it and miss it.... so I start mortuary school this August. ::bigsmile:

That's kind of interesting. What do you like most about it? What do you like least?

I like the science of preservation the most......... I like working with the living the least. The dead are pretty easy-going but boy the living are hard to work with. :ohwell: I am just looking to be a trade embalmer, I have zero interest in funeral directing. I'm not patient enough.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    i just wanna have it all figured out.
  • CheriLMT
    CheriLMT Posts: 220 Member
    I wanted to be a ballerina, a wife, and a mother...opposite of dancer's body or ability, divorced, no kids...there's still time right? Now I want to be a chef
  • Seriously as a kid I wanted to be a power ranger, even tho I couldnt fight I knew I'd at least look cool in the uniform.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Astronaut. I even joined the Navy in hopes of becoming an aviator to increase my chances of getting into the NASA program. Still want to go into space, but I just have to hope that technology advances far enough before I did to where I can take a civilian space flight.
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Secretary. Now I am a webform developer. I love my pay, but if I could I want to work in a diner as a waitress. Unsure why that appeals to me.
  • kendunn579
    kendunn579 Posts: 391 Member
    Still working on that one..
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    I want to be independent. I don't want to depend on anyone but myself for anything. This is my dream.
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 339 Member
    I just wanted to "grow up"

Now I have "grown up" I wouldn't mind being a kid again
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    LOL. WHen I was a kid I wanted to be a cowboy, rockette, astronaut, detective/medical examiner, veterinarian.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    I wanted my own bakery, and I really wanted to have children. So now I bake with my kids and I'm happy.
    I also wanted to be a novelist, or a teacher.
  • amntsu
    amntsu Posts: 30
    A super hero :).