Less Calories When Hypothyroid?

Options
I have Hashimoto's, which means my body is attacking my thyroid and killing it off. I take medication to compensate, and my TSH is in the "normal" range.

Between September and December, I lost 15 pounds, but put about half of it back on over the holidays and up until know. I've been consistently eating over 1,400 calories/day and doing big workouts four days per week. I almost always eat back my exercise calories.

Since Christmas I haven't been able to 1) shake off the holiday weight I gained 2) let alone continue to get under those 15 lost pounds.

My question is: Because I have a slower metabolism (due to my Thryoid issues), would it be okay for me to eat 1,200 calories per day or LESS?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Replies

• ^ BUMP

I'd like to know that too. I don't know about Hashimoto's but I was born with it.
  • mydreambody1
    Options
    i THINK YOU SHOULD ONLY EAT YOUR 1200 TO 1500 CALORIES, EVEN IF YOU EXERCISE OR ELSE YOU'LL NEVER LOOSE. I HAVE HYPOTHYROIDISM AS WELL..IT TAKES FOR EVER FOR ME TO LOOSE A POUND. SINCE SEPTEMBER I'VE ONLY LOST 8LBS WHILE OTHERS WHO ARE DOING THE SAME DIET/EATING PLAN AS MYSELF HAVE LOST OVER 30LBS.....