A romantic dinner for... 4?

Options
SoldierDad
SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
So as yall know I love suprising my wife with flowers, gifts, romantic dinners, etc. Well last night she was so kind to me (I worked late and was so wiped out from work and the kids activities, etc). I usually do the dishes, laundry etc while she spends time with the baby, but last night I fell asleep with the baby (baby went out too, all cuddled up to me in a big easy chair) and she did the dishes, laundry, everything. She stayed up till like 1. So I have flowers and a little gift for her, but I was thinking a candle light dinner would be nice. The problem is that I have no baby sitter for the night (we dont trust our baby to day care) so both kids will be there. So I am thinking that my son can help me cook and I can say its a suprise dinner from the three ppl who love her the most. I dont think I will ask the baby to help cook (though I am sure she will enjoy some baby food). So it wont be really romantic but it will be sweet.. Or does it just sound weird? I think she will love being suprised like that... Suggestions? Ideas?

Love and Blessings,
Ed

Replies

• joymomof7
    joymomof7 Posts: 14
    Options
    You sound like a wonderful husband! No ideas..you already have it! I am sure she will love it! Have a great evening...blessings!:flowerforyou:
  • rosalie_g
    rosalie_g Posts: 71
    Options
    I think it's a great idea! Now I'm gonna give you my husbands number so can you call and have a little chat with him hahaha :laugh:
  • jwcrater31
    Options
    sounds like a good idea to me.
  • ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    i think she'll love it....just the fact that you put thought and effort into making it a special night. such a good hubby!
  • alisaperry74
    Options
    That's incredibly sweet, Ed, and I know she'll appreciate the gesture. I understand not wanting to leave the kiddos with a sitter or in child care. Do you all have any relatives (parents, siblings) nearby or who visit you on occasion so you can have 1-on-1 time?
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I think the whole dinner from all who love her is very speical and she will love it because you thought of it. Keep up
    the good work and let us know what you did fix.
  • PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I think she will love it :) Maybe try to put the kiddos to bed an hour or so early for some one on one time with her. We put our kids down early once or twice a week, they say an hour either way shouldn't mess up their schedule.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Ed,

Sounds like a great idea that she will appreciate. Maybe it is a good thing you have those two kiddos there to "chaperone." Otherwise, you could discover you have THREE!!!! LOL
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    You need to teach men how to treat their women.

*nodding* Gestures like this would go a LONG way in my house... *laughs*

I think this is a great idea.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. It truly is a beautiful gesture, and most woman really appreciate the thought (I know I do)...that you took time to consider her.

Blessings loads & loads!
  • chandnikhondji
    chandnikhondji Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful idea and so sweet to include your son i am sure it'll be awesome and she will be so touched :)
  • SoldierDad
    Options
    Thank you all. :-) I think I am going to make (with my sons help) chicken, fish and veggies. Well maybe some mac and cheese for them to. :-)
    Bless you all my dear friends.
  • byHisgrace
    byHisgrace Posts: 175
    Options
    I just wanted to add that as a mom who also has never trusted our babies to daycare/babysitters, I would appreciate my husband incorporating the kids into a romantic dinner more than trying to find a close friend or relative to keep them. We did the whole "date night" thing when our teenagers were little and it was horrible, lol. Now, special dinners are family affairs, crazy 2 year old and all, lol.

They are only little for a few minutes, and you can't get those minutes back :)

Enjoy :)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    That brought tears of joy to my eyes.
    I think it sounds wonderful and perfect.
    Have a great night!!
  • AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    first....AWWWW, youre such a sweet husband...

second, i have three little girls so i know what its like to get some alone time with your spouse. what me and my hubby do if we want to have a romantic type dinner is that we feed the girls something around 6PM, then we put them to bed like normal around 8 PM. Then we'll either make something together or we'll order in and have what WE call a carpet picnic... :) We sit on the floor, on a blanket ( hard wood floors)........i get out my special glasses to pour whatever we're drinking into them, then we just sit and eat, spending quality time together.
  • SoldierDad
    Options
    :-) Dinner went perfect! :-)
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    :-) Dinner went perfect! :-)

Glad to hear it. Surprises like this make a marriage.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Awww....another romantic! My hubby is wonderful too. No matter what you do, she will love it since you thought of her. Enjoy your family evening tonight. :)
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    So as yall know I love suprising my wife with flowers, gifts, romantic dinners, etc. Well last night she was so kind to me (I worked late and was so wiped out from work and the kids activities, etc). I usually do the dishes, laundry etc while she spends time with the baby, but last night I fell asleep with the baby (baby went out too, all cuddled up to me in a big easy chair) and she did the dishes, laundry, everything. She stayed up till like 1. So I have flowers and a little gift for her, but I was thinking a candle light dinner would be nice. The problem is that I have no baby sitter for the night (we dont trust our baby to day care) so both kids will be there. So I am thinking that my son can help me cook and I can say its a suprise dinner from the three ppl who love her the most. I dont think I will ask the baby to help cook (though I am sure she will enjoy some baby food). So it wont be really romantic but it will be sweet.. Or does it just sound weird? I think she will love being suprised like that... Suggestions? Ideas?

Love and Blessings,
    Ed

I bet it'll be romantic when the kids go to bed. :smooched:
  • ryanchemist
    Options
    Cooking for the lady in your life keeps things alive. I do it every chance I can get. Last night we didn't even get around to dinner until almost 9 PM ... so we decided to get something at the market. We ended up with a nice sour dough loaf, some havarti cheese with dill and a bottle of chardeny. I went over my calories by 200 for the first time in 12 days ... but we sure had fun talking, playing chess, and nibbling until the wee hours. Romance is in what you put in ... not how many are present.