explain training question?

ractayjon
ractayjon Posts: 365
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I have a question.
I have heard that if you lift you should wait a day (at least) before you lift that muscle group again....some say even more then a day to allow your muscles to rest and rebuild.
If that is the case how is a DVD like 30 day shred or a 90 day program etc...a good one to do...in the programs you lift (albeit low weights) but everyday....???
thanks

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    Most of the programs should be set up with a schedule that outlines how it is to be done and should not have the same muscle group worked back to back. With P90X you never work the same muscles 2 days in a row even though you workout 6 days a week. each DVD targets different areas. I
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    JUst my opinion, but I think since they are low weights and short repitions that they would not strain your muscles as much as if you gave them in an intense workout for an extended period. Thus, no need for recovery. They have an online question section, I believe , for the Shred, maybe that would be a good question to ask.
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    I buy oxygen mags and it says that that you shouldnt work on the same muscles everyday. I have that same video and thought the same thing.
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    With the p90x yo9u do a different dvd each day.. yoga one day, abs one day, etc... I was taught from my trainer that you do take a rest day for whatever group you work out... do abs one day, arms the next day, through in some cardio... etc. you don't want to tear your muscles too much.
This discussion has been closed.