The Tunaziki Sandwich! (176 calories!)

Options
jynxxxed
jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
Let me just begin by saying I have always hated mayo which led me to avoiding tuna fish sandwiches most of my life. I LOVE tuna, but just couldn't get over that taste of mayo(the caloric content is not so amazing either!)

I sort of "accidentally" discovered the combination of these flavors. I'm not sure if people are already doing this or not, but I searched and couldn't find any similar posts so here it is! It's ridiculously simple just like any standard tuna fish sandwich. I also throw in some celery which adds a really great crunch (though I completely forgot to take a picture of that).

I use store bought tzatziki because I'm horrible in the kitchen, but making your own is better of course!

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 Can chunk light tuna
Some chopped celery (however much you like!)
2 slices of bread (I like Nature's Own honey wheat)
1 tablespoon Tzatziki (I used Green Mountain yogurt dip, I've used other brands before and see no real difference)

NUTRITIONAL INFO:
Calories: 176
Carbs: 22g
Fat: 3g
Protein: 17g

Aaand here's a picture. Excuse my poor camera quality :)
2czwrom.jpg

Replies

• purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I bought some Tzatziki after seeing this post. I will report back what my thoughts are about the combination. :smile:
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Tzatziki is a great substitute for mayo and/or dips! :love:
  • ademiter
    ademiter Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO much for the idea! I will definitely try this!!! YUM! Can you find this dip in most grocery stores??
  • lionskitty
    lionskitty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sounds amazing :D
  • Corryn78
    Corryn78 Posts: 215
    Options
    that sounds good! I've been using yogurt to sub for lots of things, another nice idea for it.
  • jraines1973
    jraines1973 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Sounds great Im going to try it!! Thanks! :)
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Oh! How come I never thought of that? I typically keep tuna for emergency healthy meals because I like it, but only in short bursts, and only when I really feel like it, but now I just gotta try that. Pretty sure onions as crunch instead of celery will work just fine (nobody's in my face to comment about onion breath... And anyway, tuna breath is pretty retchy too xD)

Thank you!
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    holy moley that looks good. Have you ever tried tzatziki on baked potatoes? oh em gee, its amazing!!!!
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    looks awesome. i also hate mayo. always use yogurt, typically greek yogurt,
  • Emily3456
    Emily3456 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea that I wish I thought of! I will definitely try it out! Thanks for the tip!
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    going to have to try this!!

can you find this dip in most grocery stores?
  • MsipiGRITS
    MsipiGRITS Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Oh, I LOVE Ziki!!!! Totally trying this.... Thanks~!
  • jynxxxed
    Options
    Yup, I used to buy tzatziki at Sweetbay which just recently closed, so I bought this one at Publix. I've never found it at Walmart, but it has been at literally every other grocery store I've been to. It's usually located either near the specialty cheeses (as well as laughing cow cheese) or over by the macaroni salad/other sides and dips.

It's delicious and has a really good flavor to it! I've never tried it on a baked potato but now I'm intrigued and must try that as well!
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Have to see if my supermarket sells tzatziki sauce, can't recall ever seeing it, but definitely will give it a try if they do. God forbid that I should make my own.
  • jynxxxed
    Options
    Have to see if my supermarket sells tzatziki sauce, can't recall ever seeing it, but definitely will give it a try if they do. God forbid that I should make my own.
    :laugh: I've heard it's very easy to make, but I'm a really terrible cook so I haven't attempted yet either
  • OhLibra
    OhLibra Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    so I bought this one at Publix.

What area of the store is it in? Yummy!
  • andersonjo0306
    andersonjo0306 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I love using greek yogurt instead of mayo.....
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I love tzaki, never thought to mix it with tuna. Thanks for the idea!!
  • jynxxxed
    Options
    so I bought this one at Publix.

What area of the store is it in? Yummy!
    I found it towards the deli in one of those little stand alone sections with all of the macaroni salad, baked beans, etc.
  • liya368
    liya368 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have to try this. I love tzatziki. Thanks for sharing!