"Box Gap" lol

Options
Hi All,

I am really envious of girls/women that have " box gap" - the gab between your thighs. Are there any exercises you can recomend to help create this?

Thanks!

Replies

• GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    This is more of a genetics thing than an exercise thing. If your skeletal structure allows for it, this will be easy to achieve, and if not, then you will have to become anorexic to get one. Many fit athletic women do not have a thigh gap. Its trendy for whatever reason, and I dont think they are realistic for most healthy women.
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Why?
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Isnt having a box gap a requirement for being a woman?
  • okeedokee5
    okeedokee5 Posts: 46 Member
    Options

Hahahahahahaha. Touche.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I think it's more genetics than anything. I've always had a thigh gap and figured it meant I was bow legged and had skinny thighs. Who knew that it would be fashionable when I was in my 50's!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Ugh not the thigh gap thing again.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    This is an excellent and, certainly, adequate response.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    This is more of a genetics thing than an exercise thing. If your skeletal structure allows for it, this will be easy to achieve, and if not, then you will have to become anorexic to get one. Many fit athletic women do not have a thigh gap. Its trendy for whatever reason, and I dont think they are realistic for most healthy women.

I have a tiny, tiny gap at the top of my thighs but the rest of my thighs touch almost all the way to my knee. I'm not skinny by any means (188 lbs) and I think it's just because I have big hips. So yeah, I agree with the genetics thing.

Just to add, thigh gaps are not one of my goals for losing weight. I don't care if my thighs touch, as long as they're muscular and sexy and the rest of my body is healthy
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I didn't even have one when I was really underweight. Not that I even knew what they were 15 yrs ago..... I guess I do not have the genetics for the gap
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    My thighs have always rubbed together, even when I weight 105 pounds in junior high. It's just the way I am. My mom too. I guess I inherited it. Having a thigh gap isn't even on my radar of goals or desires.
  • body_in_progress
    body_in_progress Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have never heard it be called a "Box Gap" before lol sounds icky.

I have never had a Thigh Gap until this last summer. I don't know if it was the weight loss from over the last year or the exercises I tried.

I mostly concentrated on the exercise at 1min 30sec in the below video after my cardio 3 nights a week.

http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/exercise-detail/Inner-Thigh-Workout-Best-Toning-Exercises-for-Inner-Thighs/br/

I don't know if that helps or not, but I had my first summer of "box gap" and loved it!!

Hope it helps.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Ugh not the thigh gap thing again.

I know.

But it's a bit exciting, if you get one you can be a ninja AND wear corduroy pants!

At the same time!