Grilled chicken with flavor?

Options
kopmom
kopmom Posts: 491 Member
I really want to start eating more grilled chicken...anyone have a really good marinade or something to not make grilled chicken so tasteless and bland?

Replies

• tlcbizz36
    Options
    good evening, I like lemon pepper, Italian dressing, or sesame ginger marinades
  • joanneg572
    joanneg572 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Not grilled, but our new fave!!!

jalapenopopperchicken_zps15070d5f.jpg

http://tideandthyme.com/jalapeno-popper-chicken/
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I use panko or italian whole wheat breading with garlic and other spices
  • staciecrooks
    Options
    We've been doing marinades. Sam's club has a huge bottle of sweet and spicy that's good and then all the different flavored onces near the steak sauce in the store are also good. We did sun dried tomato on thin cut chicken breasts on the grill tonight and it was fab :)
  • brendadale1
    brendadale1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Misses Dash, I love this on most meat of any kind:)
  • JimmyJazzMX
    JimmyJazzMX Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    BBQ Marinade for Chicken

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

2/3 c Soy sauce
    1/4 c Oil
    2 tb Molasses or Honey
    1/2 c Brown Sugar
    1/3 c Ketchup
    2 ts Garlic powder
    2 ts Mustard
    2 ts Ginger

Combine all ingredients and mix well to combine.

Add chicken and marinate over night in the fridge.
    Disgard marinade.

Grill chicken for about 7-10 minutes on each side or until meat
    thermometer reads 170F.
  • nataosw
    Options
    I like to brine the boneless skinless chicken breasts, something like this http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2009/06/09/the-best-chicken-you-will-ever-eat-ever/
    The extra step keeps the meat juicy.
  • KansasCowgirl
    Options
    Tequila and lime juice marinade!
  • fatbegone8488
    fatbegone8488 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like mine with a little olive oil, garlic with olive oil (I am too Lazy to chop my own so I buy the jar) Italian seasoning and then sprinkle with romano and parmesian cheese. I usually try to roast tomatoes, onions and peppers to go with it... Yummy ! I do the same thing with Swai fish fillets also!
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Juice of one lemon, Tbsp. olive oil, tsp. dried rosemary, tsp. minced garlic, 1/4 tsp. sea salt.

Enough marinade for 1 lb. of chicken breasts.
  • debloves2ride
    Options
    just a simple Italian dressing - let them marinate for at least an hour. while grilling - brush with the juice. don't over cook. really yummy. also do tomatoes, peppers, onions and mushrooms on shishkabob stakes and marinate with the juice while cooking the chicken.
  • dlcuthbert
    dlcuthbert Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump to try later
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    ok when you say grilled, is this cooking on the outdoor barbeque or in the oven, near the top with heat coming from above? or something else altogether

I am in New Zealand and for me, grilling is the 2nd option

I get confused with these terms which mean something different depending on where you are !
  • sarbear1993
    Options
    Bump!
  • bakingmink
    bakingmink Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Marinate in Cavender's Greek seasoning, olive oil and balsalmic vinegar. Serve with salad with reduced fat feta.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Sriracha sauce
  • KetoDebbie912
    KetoDebbie912 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Another option is to cook your chicken breasts in a crockpot. I do this every other week, just to mix things up. Super easy and convenient. Depending on the flavor you want, cook chicken in broth and add in what you are in the mood for. Personally, I like my food spicy so I will add in a little chicken broth and a jar of salsa. Another option is after the chicken is cooked in broth, take it out, shred and and mix with greek yogurt and sauteed mushrooms and onion. Kind of like a stroganoff.

After I cook and shred the chicken I put it in a container in the fridge and use for salads or reheat with veggies.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    lemon pepper.
    there are lots of 0 calorie, delicious seasonings to choose from if you wanna keep it simple
  • skm4jc
    skm4jc Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Massage soy sauce into your chicken. Add a combination of garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. Massage the chicken again - this works in all the flavors and makes the chicken nice and tender. Grill and enjoy!
  • bermudamel
    Options
    TABASCO...one of my faves!