Options
13»

Replies

• BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    **Tea snob alert**

I LOVE tea, I only drink water...or tea

I went from the cheap stuff (tetley w/milk and sugar)
    to the NOICE stuff - still relatively cheap compared to others (Earl grey - black no sugar...the aromatics ones are also nice)
    now hitting it daily with chamomile (3-4x a day ...calming )
    pure peppermint tea (2-3x a day - so refreshing and stress relieving)
    lemon and ginger (once a day - before bed is nice and when your ill even better!)

and I stick with twinings
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    **Tea snob alert**

and I stick with twinings

tea snob alert - there are many better places than twinings......

I get my teas from Canton tea co.; Cup of tea ltd (did a tea tasting with them, a bit like a wine tasting although less fun) and Palais du The.

'tea' comes from the Camellia sinensis plant. If your products comes from any other plant it is not tea, despite any other health benefits it has. Black, oolon, green and white are different processes of the same plant.

Tea in teabags consists of 'dust' and 'fannings' When good tea is brewed, the benefits slowly seep out of the leaves, hence why the best tea is sold as whole leaves, often gently rolled by hand. teabag tea will be created by machine which breaks the leaves and therefore the health benefits are often lost. You will find that teabags give a strong colour very quickly, and if left for too long taste bitter and tannin-y. high quality leaf tea slowly develops a colour and the health benefits are gently coaxed out of the leaves. Really good tea leaves can be used several times – and the first steeping tends to pull the caffeine out first, so if you want low caffeine tea, throw the first steeping away and refill the pot.

Generally black tea needs water of around 95degC, green 70-80degC. Many people complain they don’t like the taste of green tea – this is often because they have burnt it by using boiling water. Coffee should be brewed with boiling water, not tea.

Did I mention I love tea?
  • violinkeri
    Options
    I have really grown to love tea, and I think you will too, if you try some different types and make a habit of drinking the ones you like often. :) One brand I really like is Twining's - their green tea and jasmine is my favorite, but they have a wide selection of flavors for different types of tea. Republic of Tea is also great - they have a vanilla almond black tea i really like right now.

Some cheaper brands like Celestial Seasonings is good, as well.

JASMINE. jasmine tea is my favorite tea!

Other good ones are--Twinings Winter Spice (basically an apple chamomile), Twinings Darjeeling (black tea), Tazo Passion (fruity), Stash Rasberry Pomegranate. PG Tips and Yorkshire Gold are also very good black teas. high quality.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I looove tea. I drink a variety of Teavana teas; green, black, herbal are my most common. At the moment it Golden Jade (green tea) and Celestial Temple Peaks (black tea).

It does have many health benefits too :D
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I looove tea. I drink a variety of Teavana teas; green, black, herbal are my most common. At the moment it Golden Jade (green tea) and Celestial Temple Peaks (black tea).

It does have many health benefits too :D
    Oh my! I must go make more tea now. If you are new to tea be careful at Teavana. Some stores have really pushy sales people. IMHO i think it is best to start with small amounts (2 oz. or less) with new teas.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    My go-to drink over the last year has become loose-leaf white tea (Tao of Tea from Amazon) with a couple of drops of bergamot essense. Bergamot is the flavor that makes Earl Grey a little bit fruity - it's an exotic kind of orange.

I started with black tea, but I didn't like how it stained my teeth, and the flavor was sometimes too astringent. White tea is nice and mild.

I drink 6-8 cups per day of this, occasionally sweetening with xylitol.
  • violinkeri
    Options
    i cant believe i forgot this...

http://www.etsy.com/shop/teaman

Guy blends his own coffees and loose leaf teas. you can buy them loose or in teabags--but they arent floor scrapings or crushed by a machine, so still very high quality. He has black, green, white, rooibos, herbal..you name it, and with all different flavors--I bought as a gift one year rose hibiscus tea, earl grey, peppermint, and apricot. They arrived very quickly and upon opening the box i was hit with delightful whiffs of the fragrances.

Added plus---MUCH cheaper than teavana, and no pushy salesmen :) If you want to request specific flavors for a multipack, just message him. His list of current flavors should be in one of his item descriptions and he will make a custom order for you,a nd usually sneaks in some extra samples. Delightful to work with!
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    My favorites:

Twining's Blackcurrant Breeze - fruity black tea
    Bigelow Constant Comment - black tea with orange flavor and spices
    Celestial Seasonings Honey Vanilla Chamomile

They're all great to drink hot and straight, no milk or sweeteners.
  • SloRunner25
    SloRunner25 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    If you like your tea stronger (like me) go for matcha tea (the loose powder not the tea bags). It's so flavorful I don't even need sugar or honey. It's supposed to have all these amazing health benefits, but I just like the flavor so yay if all those claims are true.

Cheers! :drinker:
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of the green tea, so I make iced tea by the gallon (using 1/2 black tea & 1/2 green tea) and I just purchased some Chai pumpkin spice tea 'cuz it smelled soooo delicious -- I didn't care for it plain, but I added some vanilla creamer (just a tsp) and WOW...tastes like pumpkin pie in a cup...I've been having it once in a while in place of a regular snack!
  • amanda_catherine
    Options
    Thanks to this .. i craved new tea so went to the tea shop.. todays picks were.. Roasted Almond (a black tea) Coconut almond rooibos, and my daughter choose, Ginger snap cookie which is a rooibos. :)
  • TheNewBlake
    TheNewBlake Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i have struggled with being a soda addict and i recently switched to green tea sweetened with stevia a life saver..
    tea good!
  • francimeerholz
    Options
    Try Rooibos tea, very healthy with lots of good minerals in it , check this link:

http://www.livestrong.com/benefits-of-rooibos-tea/
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I love tea because it helps curb my appetite between meals and is only like 10-20 calories with a splenda packet and some milk or ff cream.
  • AmyMalley77
    AmyMalley77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I LOVE tea!! I have a mug of hot tea in the morning just black leaf regular tea (lipton tea bags). I have it with stevia! Then normally I have a second mug after the gym.... and I also have "sleepy time tea" at night... just soothing tea.

There are a ton to try, go to the store and a lot of brands have sample boxes that have 3 or 4 different. Raspberry is good too! Irish morning time tea is good too!

Enjoy!!

If you are a Sleepy Time drinker, you should try Bigelow's version called Sweat Dreams--it's in a royal blue box. I had been drinking Sleepy Time ever since I was a little kid, and then recently my mom told me to try the Bigelows...It's similar to Sleepy Time, but I think it's much better.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Brands:
    Mighty Leaf
    Tea Forte
    Teavana