9lb Gain!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• acureese
    acureese Posts: 169
    Options
    My weight can fluctuate in a day if I have too much sodium and a lot of water and eat off a bit by a few pounds, add my time of the month and, yeah...but then its back down a couple days later. I agree, take it again friday, cut down on sodium, and reevaluate. Don't get discouraged, you're doing awesome girl :flowerforyou:
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I would say the majority of it is water and poop. The same thing happens when I have an eating 'free for all' and don't pay attention to my sodium, fibre and water levels.

Even if my calories aren't super-high, the sodium causes me to retain water and if I don't have enough fibre, my body doesn't evacuate waste the same way it does when my system is working at its peak. For example, if you eat fibre every day and have a BM once or twice a day, your body gets used to that. Then if you have a few days of not getting enough fibre, your body can hold onto waste.

I might gain 3-5 pounds in just a day or two of bad eating, just from water and waste retention alone.
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    What did you eliminate in order to be able to track sodium?

I have protein, carbs, fiber, fat and calcium.

I just noticed that my fiber was low today so I logged my 2 fiber tabs.

20 calories!!

I will start logging vitamins after this discovery.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    What did you eliminate in order to be able to track sodium?

I have protein, carbs, fiber, fat and calcium.

I just noticed that my fiber was low today so I logged my 2 fiber tabs.

20 calories!!

I will start logging vitamins after this discovery.

I track protein, carbs, fiber, fat and sodium.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I gain water off and on, not just during TOM....drink more water and keep up with your measurments as well. If those aren't affected by the weight gain, than its probably a temporary thing. Don't worry over it, but if you continue to gain while dieting, see your doctor to make sure you aren't being affected by something more serious.