Have committed to the journey, would love some advice!

Options
Hi there everyone! Let me just give you a quick overview. I'm 24 years old and on Jan. 4th I weighed in at 218 pounds. I'm a 5'7 male. I have always been overweight but do carry my weight well. I think the highest I have every been was around 225. I know the goal weight for someone my height is down around 155 but with my build, I know that is not possible. So I am shooting for 185 and the my long term goal is 170.

At my last weigh in I was at 198 so I am down 20 pounds in just 6 weeks. I have done this just by changing the way I eat and no exercise. I do not eat any sweets anymore and have cut out all fast food and cokes. I replaced one meal with fruit and have focused on healthy food and portion control.

What I am looking for is basically some advice. I am afraid I am not taking in enough calories and that my body is going to stop losing weight. I am taking in about 1200-1400 calories per day. I have been careful to make sure I am eating a balanced, healthy diet. I have gotten used to this diet and have no trouble keeping the caloric intake low as long as I'm eating the right foods.

An example of what I am eating. Today I had:

4 kiwis for breakfast
An unwhich from Jimmy Johns (no mayo) for lunch
Grilled boneless skinless chicken breast and spinach for dinner
and maybe a half cup of pumpkin seeds and an apple for snacks

Is this enough or should I be adding more?

Thanks everyone and I appreciate any guidance or advice and feel free to shoot me any questions!

Replies

• Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Check out In Place of a roadmap in previous forums, or look up Helloitsdan
  • lives21
    lives21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You should eat 80% of your TDEE.

This. I was eating far below my tdee and just recently upped my calories and dropped more weight almost instantly. Add patience and you're doing it right.