square pizza slices!?!?! This is going to bother me.

Options
So I rode my bike for nearly an hour today which added on to my net calories. I keep reading you're supposed to eat most if not all your exercised calories. I had close to 900 before left for dinner. So I"m like well, there's no way I"m going to be able to fill up on that much calories with a baked pork chop and veggies like I normally would eat at dinner. "Orders up papa johns" I calculated that 3 slices of pizza and a couple wings would bring me pretty close to my calorie goal. (3 thin slice veggie pizza with just tomatoes, black olives, onions) and unsauced wings. Here's the kicker, instead of cutting it normally in slices vs squares. They thought it'd be a great idea to mess with me and do the squares! How do I figure out how many of them equal to a slice of pizza? I ate 5 pieces one actual square and the rest were edges which were fairly small.

Replies

• CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Pizzas are normally cut into eight pieces, right? Did you eat 3/8 of the pizza? Add up how many pieces are left plus what you ate, divide by eight and see how much you ate that way. Or however many slices that size pizza should be.
  • fuzzymop55
    fuzzymop55 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    there is little more than half a pizza left which was consumed by two people. he had 3 squares, and I ate 5 because 4 of them were the triangle edge pizzas and were not uniform 1 was an actual square. there was 16 pieces all which were not the same size. I ate 5 of them but again mine were edge pieces and they were all different sizes. I highly doubt my 5 pieces equaled to 3 actual slices of pizza as standard is about 8 slices according to their website.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I was told there'd be no math.
  • fuzzymop55
    fuzzymop55 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I was told there'd be no math.

At least I didn't promise punch and pie. There shall be none. Anyway I highly doubt I exceeded 1000 calories by 5 pieces when one slice was 220 a slice. I"m full and if that means I went under my calories today, tomorrow is a new one.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Sorry, can't help but...

What the hell papa john's. Why the eff would they even do that?!?! No one was a middle only peice WITHOUT their delicious crust.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    On their site, can you see if they go by grams per slice too?

If so that is the easiest way to do it. If you dont have a scale, you need to invest in one. I had PJ's last weekend and they said per slice as well as the grams that it has. I knew how many grams I could have of the pizza which makes it more accurate for important things...like you know beer drinking later. :wink: