New to MFP

Options
Hello everyone. I just started the "website" today, but I have been using the app on my phone for about a week now.
I am 25 years old and stand at 5'3 and I have always been over weight. I am starting my weight loss journey and I know its going to be a hard one, I find that I don't have motivation to get off my butt and work out, even though I want this so bad. As of last thursday I was a 267.4 pounds and as of an hour ago I am now down to 264 pounds. The thing that really bummed me out this week was I was down to 261 pounds 3 days ago, which was fantastic! But I caught a stomach virus and no working out for 3 days made me gain almost all of that weight back, which sucks so bad. I use the MFP app to keep track of the calories that I burn, sometimes I input food, but I rather see those calories inside that I am melting off. Though I don't exercise much and those calories don't go above 600, I think I am off to a good start. I even found out that my favorite hoodie weighed 1.5 pounds, which had actually surprised me more than my weight. lol
My workout includes a stationary bike which I peddle on from anywhere between 10-30 minutes a day and I even walk all around my house in every room, the bathroom twice between 10-20 minutes after peddling for a "cool down".
Of course being at currently 264 pounds, its my dream to be a size 7 in pants, I don't even know what size I wear in jeans since most of the time I am either in sweat pants or pj pants all day long.
But I am up to gaining some motivation from everyone here and even making friends!

Replies

• Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm new-ish too. I started in January at 266 lbs. My highest was 282. I love my recumbent bike, and I'm about to start incorporating some free weights. MFP really surprised me at how EASY they made everything. I HATE food journaling. Now instead of writing everything out, all I gotta do is click. Exercise? They tell me what I burn. It's so super easy to keep track of everything. I wish I had found this site sooner!!

Congrats on your decision to make a lifestyle change. It's all downhill from here. Just keep going :flowerforyou:
  • DotPett
    DotPett Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Keep on trying, not every day will be a losing day, but know you are taking hte right steps to a healthier you. Let otthers encourage you and soon you will be on your way to stellar weight loss. Keep on keeping on!
  • meganleighhh
    meganleighhh Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I too am new, I joined a while back but was in a major car wreck...so I had to start all over. Need some new friends who can help motivate me!