No sweets for 4o days Lent challenge

Options
2»

Replies

• charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Awesome y'all! Kinda having a tough time at the moment with cake pops in the kitchen for Vday, ughhhh!
  • jalas27
    jalas27 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I gave up bread, cake and cookies. These are extremely hard to resist If set in front of me. In fact, for my cheat meal yesterday, we ordered thin crust pizza and it came with cinnamon sticks. I'm guessing that falls into the bread category?!?! Failed already! But I will be back on track. Just curious, I've heard that on Sundays we are allowed to indulge and rejoice! That Lent from Ash Wednesday to Easter is actually more than 40 days, but when you subtract out the Sundays it equals 40 days, so that's why Sundays don't count. What do you think about that?
  • charelg
    Options
    That is hard! I only gave up bad sweets:candy, cookies, cake, choclate, ice cream, pastries...I ate a banana with honey last night, wasnt the same. Didn't realize I was such a sweet addict. I'll have to look at the lent calendar deal.. I was going to just try my hardest 30 days straight. To see if I can actually do it.
  • jalas27
    jalas27 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Just one day at a time! It takes 22 days to create a habit...so I bet you will be able to surpass your goal if you stick to it!
  • BeyondThePixels
    BeyondThePixels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Joining too! I did it once two years ago (before MFP) and it helped ease my sweet tooth! It's creeping up again, this is what I need!
  • charelg
    Options
    Yeah they say the longer you go, the easier it gets. Amy have some healthy sweet snack ideas that aren't the things I gave up (candy, cookies, pastries, candy, ice cream) I did a yogurt blueberry parfait, a banana with honey, frozen banana...any other ideas??
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    What is this, day 5? I'm pretty much drinking coffee and tea with splenda / stevia all day to curb my sweet craving. Not sure if that's cheating, but this is so brutal for me. I seriously feel depressed without my sugar. I wasn't expecting the mood slump. How many days to get over an addiction?
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Did I say I'd do this challenge, what do I do with these Girls Scout cookies? =(
  • HenrietteC
    HenrietteC Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So how is everybody doing? I struggled on Saturday and ate a lot of dried fruit, but now I am coping better. I do have a few dates at night to curb my sweet tooth. I am also eating quite a bit of fresh fruit, it seems to help.
  • Cara85K
    Cara85K Posts: 122
    Options
    It seems to be easier this week for me. I feel like I"m doing pretty well...I've had no sweets or sodas (even diet) since lent started.