Work lunches?

Options
To make sure I'm eating healthy throughout the week at I make sure I plan my lunches in advance. This helps me to avoid the dreaded vending machines, but I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me about what they pack for different lunches?

Lately I've been either eating Tuna Sandwiches (mixed with lemon and a bit of greek yogurt, lots of peppers, celery, carrots and lettuce) or spring salad with mixed beans, avocado and balsamic vinegar/olive oil. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Replies

• weightloser122
    Options
    dinner leftovers?
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Any homemade sandwiches. Make extra dinner meals and pack them up individually--leftovers. Weight Watcher or Lean Cuisine frozen meals. A simple yogurt, piece of fruit, some lowfat crackers and a granola bar. Also, many grocery stores offer premade salads. The possibilities are endless.
  • joepayer
    joepayer Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Soups that are not condensed are a good choice. You don't need water, just a microwave.
  • RMNPHike
    RMNPHike Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    This week I made a giant pot of vegetable soup and divided it up into 2 cup containers to take to work. I threw everything I could find in it - frozen edamame, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, red potatoes, a can of diced tomatoes, celery, zuchinni, cabbage, onions, and garlic. It is nice with ground chipotle spice in it, or some cayenne to give it a little kick. 2 cups is only 120 calories, so you could have some string cheese or Laughing Cow wedges and maybe some baked woven wheat crackers (365 Whole Foods) or Wasa or Ryvita, plus whole fruits for snacks. So easy!
  • losingweightfindingme
    Options
    I really hate sandwiches (at least when I make them) so I tend to bring dinner leftovers. Usually it's a piece of fruit, a baggie serving of nuts, a vegetable (usually leftover) and a whole grain like whole wheat pasta or brown rice. Sometimes I'll throw some protein in my brown rice (like leftover pork chop or chicken breast). I tend to eat a small meal at work and then snack throughout the night, so I take stuff like fruits, nuts, and sometimes fresh veggies to snack on.
  • carbar90
    carbar90 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This week I made a giant pot of vegetable soup and divided it up into 2 cup containers to take to work. I threw everything I could find in it - frozen edamame, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, red potatoes, a can of diced tomatoes, celery, zuchinni, cabbage, onions, and garlic. It is nice with ground chipotle spice in it, or some cayenne to give it a little kick. 2 cups is only 120 calories, so you could have some string cheese or Laughing Cow wedges and maybe some baked woven wheat crackers (365 Whole Foods) or Wasa or Ryvita, plus whole fruits for snacks. So easy!

That sounds delicious!
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you are, but I shop at the local market called fresh and easy. I buy the pre packaged soups. The tub lasts me about 3-4 lunches. I have 1 cup and I'll usually eat half a homemade sandwich with it or some crackers.
  • Colombianchick29
    Options
    For snacks I pack raw fruit or string cheese. I also have Cheerios and other cereal and oatmeal at my desk In case I get hungry or "forget " my lunch.
  • carbar90
    carbar90 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you are, but I shop at the local market called fresh and easy. I buy the pre packaged soups. The tub lasts me about 3-4 lunches. I have 1 cup and I'll usually eat half a homemade sandwich with it or some crackers.

I live in B.C., Canada. Most local shops with pre made soups are really high in calories and/or sodium :( Think I'll just have to start making my own.
  • Colombianchick29
    Options
    Also dinner left overs. Instead of eating a heavy dinner after work I pack it for lunch the next day
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    Another soup person here. I'll make a big pot of soup, split it up immediately into individual containers, and have something to grab on my way to work. Lately I've also been freezing a few of the containers and keeping the freezer stocked so I don't have to have the same thing every day.
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    When I was still working (now retired), I made various main dishes that fit my food plan and froze portions to take to work. I had access to a microwave in the lunch room, so I could have a hot home-cooked meal that was better than a sandwich. I added either a salad or container of cut-up veggies and a small serving of fruit.