What can you do in 3 months?

Options
I have lost 46 pounds

My blood pressure has dropped 15-20 points from a pre hypertension classification to a normal classification

My energy level is at an all time high and I am not finding it difficult to get up and exercise every morning at 6AM.

My fitness has increased from struggling to get in 2.25 to 2.5 miles in 30 minutes to today having ran a 10k on the treadmill in under 60 minutes. I am most proud of this as I am 6'2" with a large frame that is not built for running.

I have gained muscle in all of my core and my spare tire is well with in reach of being gone.

I still have a couple more months and 20-30 pounds to go but this is starting to get to be fun instead of a chore.

Replies

• joymomof7
    joymomof7 Posts: 14
    Options
    Yeah for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy:
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You lost 46 pounds in 3 months?

Wow, thats awesome.

I lost 16.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Oh, I love love love love it!
  • KateDonnelly
    Options
    That's awesome. Inspiration for me when I feel like it's an uphill battle.
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    :drinker: That is fantastic! Thank you for posting that. You are motivation and inspiration all rolled into one
  • mattnday
    mattnday Posts: 9
    Options
    I love it to - especially since work has been crazy (30+ nights in a hotel eating in nothing but restraunts) - I have not starved myself (I am averaging over 1900 calories a day) - and most importantly my dedication to the treadmill has not waned and I am finding time to exercise at least 6 times a week.

I have to admit I am almost giddy today as 225 is a major milestone for me and a far cry from the 275 i was at XMAS last year.
  • emarcia28
    emarcia28 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    amazing!! hard work and dedication defiantly does pay of!!
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    This is AWESOME!!! Thank you for motivation and inspiration to keep me going...I have a long ways to go yet but I am up to the
    challenge
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats!! In 3 months exactly, I've lost 16 lbs. and I have far more energy than I did when I started. As far as measurements, I only got measured two months in but the total of inches I've lost all over is 8 1/2. My double chin is gone...my love handles are almost completely gone. I'm fitting into clothes that I was telling myself I fit into and clothes before that I told myself I'd never fit into (Medium workout shirts and stretchy skirts? Hello! I haven't been a medium in 6 years!!!)... I used to be able to eat 2 scrambled eggs full of chicken, cheese, peppers and onions, PLUS toast, PLUS bacon, PLUS whatever else I could find. YOGURT. Now I eat 2 eggs with peppers and onions, maybe tomatos, some fruit, and I'm good!

You mention how far you can run on the treadmill now... my endurance has SKYROCKETED!! When I first started doing intervals, I would last maybe 30 seconds running... I had to force myself to get a quarter of a mile at 5.0mph. Last night, I focused on my breathing and I went up to 5.5mph and ran a quarter of a mile and felt like I could go forever!! :happy:

I can run up 2 flights of stairs with my dog and not think to myself "He's gonna beat me again"... I can almost beat him!!!

I go to the gym in my tightest work out clothes, check myself out in the mirror and think, "I look GOOD"... when 3 months ago, I would check myself out and think, "That has to go...that should be smaller... GOD, how'd I let myself go so easily?"
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    amazing!! hard work and dedication defiantly does pay of!!

Our stats are almost indentical.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is great WTG!!!
  • Nanalmw
    Nanalmw Posts: 15
    Options
    Thank you sooo very much for posting!! Way to go and good job for you!

I also have been taken off my high blood pressure meds and I have lost 31 pounds since December 20, 2009. I didn't join MF until later, but all total I FEEL great!! I have lost a total of 16 inches and ran my 1st 10k (well most of it)!

Thanks again for the inspiration that you have given! :wink:
  • kawade80
    kawade80 Posts: 44
    Options
    Great job.
  • twojurfin
    twojurfin Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Good for you, hopefully I 'll be there in 3 months, too!
  • washingtonn
    Options
    Thats awesome, in three months? Now I know I can take off these 15 before the end of June.
  • CrazyAdventures
    CrazyAdventures Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Fanfreakintastic!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind, ladies, men seem to lose weight easier!!
  • oliveoil7979
    Options
    Good for you!! Quite an accomplishment
  • SewRue
    SewRue Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!! That's amazing. I've lost 8.5 lbs in less then two. But the better news is the 3.5 inches that fell off my waste! Another 3 from my hips! It's amazing that those inches just vanish. Although we know it's hard work; the result is so rewarding. Pants that are so loose they might as well be comfy pants. I've counted every calorie and nowadays food really doesn't have the same effect. Naturally I fit chocolate in my day but I bring healthy good food to work instead of cruising the vending machine. Such a rewarding experience this has been. Good job everyone!
  • ccgisme
    ccgisme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    That's quite an accomplishment and, personally, it gives me a lot of hope. I started off about a month ago a bit above where you did - 282. I've lost 14 pounds and already feel better. It's taken me a while to make the transition to healthy eating - it's a journey after all! - but I'm feeling really good this past week.

Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!