weight fluctuation

AmberMcDowell
AmberMcDowell Posts: 47
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I have a question for you ladies. Is it normal weight fluctuation for you to go up and down 8 to 10 pounds every couple of days? I always thought 3 to 4 pounds was the norm for fluctuation. But I can fluctuate 8 pounds from one day to the next....Thanks for the help in advance :)

Replies

• Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Maybe you're retaining more water on those days. I know some people will retain more water if they eat too much sodium.
  • my fluctuation is about 2 pounds either way never 8 or 10. do you eat different things each day or do you tend to eat almost the same? example I eat cereal about 5 days a week, salad either for lunch or dinner about 3 times a week and so on.
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Agree, watch your sodium and drink water water water! :drinker:
  • tabbiekaye23
    tabbiekaye23 Posts: 61 Member
    i am the exact same way. my weight goes up or down by 6-8 pounds from day to day. I try to only weigh in every two weeks because of this.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I stay about the same until I lose weight.
  • hedkie
    hedkie Posts: 25 Member
    mine fluctuates that much also, but i think that is unusual. sodium's a no-brainer as an important influencing factor, but i've noticed that the single biggest influence for me is flour-based products -- if i've eaten anything like that the day before, my weight will be at least 5 pounds higher the next day. this is not true for everyone, just for me...
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    I lost 40lbs and am not back to lose the rest. My biggest issue is sodium. It makes my weight shift significantly. As soon as you start to watch how much sodium you are taking in you will be shocked.
This discussion has been closed.