eggs.

Replies

• Xelace
    Xelace Posts: 18
    3 eggs + 1 egg white omelette with red chilli, onion, garlic, mushroom, a slice of cheese and tomato.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    I have lots of different omelet recipes that I rotate around, all of them starting with 1 whole egg and 4 egg whites (so I can get lots of protein with less calories). My three favorites at the moment are

1) shrimp, mozzarella cheese, spinach, mushrooms and garlic
    2) ham, tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, and mozzarella cheese
    3) Mexican varieties of cheese with salsa and chili powder

I also like goat cheese with tomatoes and basil, so I guess that would be #4.
  • roguex_1979
    roguex_1979 Posts: 247 Member
    'Poached'. I put them (two) in the microwave and cook them until they are still slightly runny and then put them on one slice of toast with a little Flora Light. Yum!
  • ChrisC_77
    ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
    I am just a fan of eggs period! Poached and scrambled are the best. And I love to cook, but my grandmother makes the best scrambled eggs. She makes them the way my grandfathers mother did. Just light, fluffy, completely cooked, and cheesy. Thanks gram! :)
  • roguex_1979
    roguex_1979 Posts: 247 Member
    I have lots of different omelet recipes that I rotate around, all of them starting with 1 whole egg and 4 egg whites (so I can get lots of protein with less calories). My three favorites at the moment are

1) shrimp, mozzarella cheese, spinach, mushrooms and garlic
    2) ham, tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, and mozzarella cheese
    3) Mexican varieties of cheese with salsa and chili powder

I also like goat cheese with tomatoes and basil, so I guess that would be #4.

*Homer's drool*
  • 1 whole egg + 2 egg whites & some baby leaf spinach...pepper...maybe some cheese if I feel like it...scrambled ...mmmmmmm
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    I love eggs! Over easy, in an omelet, poached, hard boiled, soft boiled, in egg salad, deviled. My least favourite is probably scrambled because that was one of the ONLY ways I could cook them years ago and it got a bit boring after a bit. I think eggs are one of the greatest foods out there.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    I love them over easy over a bed of steamed veggies. Then when I eat the eggs the yolks spread like a sauce over the veggies :)
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Fried with bacon and brown sauce on a Lavash wrap right now. Also love a fritatta! Yum!
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    I love them over easy over a bed of steamed veggies. Then when I eat the eggs the yolks spread like a sauce over the veggies :)

Hurrah for egg yolks!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Love eggs so I'll take 'em any which way. Favourites are:

As an omelette with mature cheddar
    Scrambled with butter on toast
    Fried with a runny yolk (preferably with thick cut chips to dip in or bread and butter to soak up the yolk).
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    I like mine absent.
    Meaning, while I love eggs, I prefer not to eat them. But I do on the odd occassion.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • HoolaHoopsMcGee
    HoolaHoopsMcGee Posts: 2,749 Member
    I like mine absent.
    Meaning, while I love eggs, I prefer not to eat them. But I do on the odd occassion.
    kind regards,

Ben
    Ben, when you do eat them, how do like 'em?

I like mine organic, scrambled in extra virgin coconut oil, with sea salt, fresh pepper, garlic powder and basil, on top of steamed polenta (also with salt, pepper and coconut oil - just a bit), then a dallop of fat-free cottage cheese on top.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    how do you like yours?

i like mine scrambled with pieces of ham mixed in. no butter, cheese, or spices. plain eggs without ham still tastes good to me.

edited to include how i like mine. =)

This, with a side of V8. I would love to put actual veggies in the eggs, but I just don't like it that way.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Scrambled with Neese's sausage, cheese, and fresh jalapeño.
    If it is after a 2 mile swim on a Saturday morning, 4 eggs, 3 ounces of sausage, and 2 ounces of cheese. :bigsmile:
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Over easy
    Scrambled (no milk, butter or cheese) with mushrooms, spinach, and onions topped with cherry tomatoes.
    Scrambled (no milk, butter or cheese) with (vegetarian) bologna or hot dog in it.
  • tooliebell
    tooliebell Posts: 177 Member
    I can't eat eggs, I get a terrible stomach ache. I miss eggs...yes I miss them. I used to like them scrambled with ketchup, or with some salsa. Love eggs with fresh veggies, like tomatoes, and oniion, and peppers. I miss eggs.

Too nervous to try egg whites or egg beaters to see if they have the same effect, because the tummy trouble is just to awful. So I go without. I miss eggs!!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Fried (in Pam) or occasionally poached, on toast, English muffin, or wrapped in a flour tortilla, with or without salsa.

Scrambled. Sometimes plain, sometimes with a little cheese, salsa, and/or a little chopped ham or bacon if I have it.

Cheese and/or veggie omelet.

Fried or scrambled egg sandwich, with ketchup.

Hard boiled, sliced into salads.

Scrambled into fried rice.

Scrambled with zucchini or summer squash, bell pepper, and onion, with curry powder. Sometimes as is, sometimes with a little rice.

Deviled.

I think I'm missing a few. Gotta have my eggs!
  • JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Sunnyside, but since the diet I eat white eggs with about two yolks scrambled.
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Basted with butter or scrambled with butter.

Sometimes I will make a ham, spinach, mushroom, havarti omelette, but that takes a bit of effort so I don't do it often.