Is it possible to gain 7 lbs in 3 days?

Options
2»

Replies

• VasylP
    VasylP Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I just had the same thing. Not 7lbs but about 5 in 3 days, from falling off the wagon. I've been back on track since monday and 2 of them are already gone. I am also a horrible binge eater, and its a daily struggle. I am also obsessed with my scale, and trying to break the cycle!!!!

Someone above mentioned ditching the scale. I have to agree.. I used to get so discouraged years ago that I would just give up... But then it wasn't a lifestyle change but just more exercise.. Took me what maybe 20 years to figure out that the two go hand in hand.. Now I will only get on the scale once a week max, maybe twice a month..
  • HokieMama4
    HokieMama4 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    1lb of fat is about 3500 calories. So... hmmm, math... 3500x7 = 24,500. Did you eat 24,500 calories over the last 3 days? That's almost 8200 calories a day. If not, then eat right and exercise through the weekend, that weight will be gone by Monday. Oh! and drink plenty of water - helps flush out the extra gunk.
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    thank you so much and 113 lbs lost is phenomenal

Thanks! the last year has been hard going up and down. It is a battle. I am trying to get my binge issues resolved so this is not so hard.

Try not to sweat the gains too much. You make take a little longer but you will still get there.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    It is not possible to gain 7 Lbs of fat in 3 days. One Lb of fat = 3,500 calories....so, you would have to consume 24,500 calories over your maintenance level of calories in 3 days to actually gain 7 Lbs of fat. That would equate to 8,166 calories per day over maintenance level of calories. My maintenance level of calories is 2,550...that means I would have to consume 10,716 calories per day for 3 days...I would be vomiting long before I consumed that many calories.

Most likely, you've eaten a **** ton of sodium and your body is retaining a lot of water to deal with it.