Saving Calories for the weekend

Options
I am only starting on MFP this week and I am doing well keeping to within my calories every day. The weekend is looming and I have an especially busy one this weekend (I have a wig party on tomorrow to celebrate my friend being 5 years cancer free and I have a 'Mock' wedding on Saturday to raise funds for our local club but it is food and drink like a real wedding!)

I am planning on exercising both days to earn calories but also only drinking vodka and diet 7up. I still don't know if I have enough calories and I wonder could I carry some forward from today? I've already worked out this morning but I plan on spinning later.

Replies

• Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    For me I look at my total calories for the week. As long as I come in at the end of 7 days I feel ok.
  • siobhsies
    siobhsies Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Is there somewhere on MFP that shows calories for the week?
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    don't sweat it too much! you don't have mock wedding fundraisers or 5 year cancer free parties every weekend so let yourself go a little!

everything in moderation - life isnt all about counting stuff.
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Agree totally with tricksee x
  • siobhsies
    siobhsies Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    don't sweat it too much! you don't have mock wedding fundraisers or 5 year cancer free parties every weekend so let yourself go a little!

everything in moderation - life isnt all about counting stuff.

I know I just want my first week to be successful to keep me motivated.

"Everything in moderation" is probably the hardest thing for me. I am all or nothing! It's something I have always had to deal with. It's nearly like a split personality - sometimes I'm in fat mode and never full and sometimes I'm a health freak and couldn't even look at some food. Never in between!
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    If you get the app, it has the option of showing how you are doing for the day or the week.
  • takemetothepub
    Options
    One day off every couple of weeks is fine, even advised! As the old saying goes

"Don't worry how much you eat between Christmas and New Years, it's more about what you eat between New Years and Christmas ;)"
  • jcwmarch
    jcwmarch Posts: 8 Member
    Options

I know I just want my first week to be successful to keep me motivated.

"Everything in moderation" is probably the hardest thing for me. I am all or nothing! It's something I have always had to deal with. It's nearly like a split personality - sometimes I'm in fat mode and never full and sometimes I'm a health freak and couldn't even look at some food. Never in between!

Haha I'm the same way. I'd say just go and enjoy yourself, but maybe try to seek out healthier options? Like veggies over cookies, or whatever they're serving at your event. Also, I find that if I try to play hostess a little bit, I tend to worry more about helping everyone else get what they need and not eating as much myself. Have a fun weekend! You've been working really hard, I don't think it will totally de-rail you.
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options

"Don't worry how much you eat between Christmas and New Years, it's more about what you eat between New Years and Christmas ;)"

I so agree with this. We should not panic about 1 day or 1 or even 2 events that come our way here and there. Just take a little time and think about what you are putting in your mouth. If they serve a plate of food, then eat the veggie first then the rest until you are full. If it is buffet style, go for the fruit and veggies first and then your startches & proteins. Choose fish or beef if possible. You get the picture. You may go over on calories, but a couple of days will not be the end of the world. Drink lots of water before and after and as you said, do a little extra exercise the day before, the day of and the day after. You will do fine.

This journey is all about learning how to handle real life and still enjoy the things we love

you can do it
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    For me I look at my total calories for the week. As long as I come in at the end of 7 days I feel ok.

Yep, what this says....but I wouldn't go thru too many if you're close to your weigh in day.
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options

I am COMPLETELY STEALING this saying!!! I love it~!! lol