Krispy Kreme love

Options
_SusieQ_
_SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
No, this isn't about donuts. Well, not specifically about donuts.

http://www.ktul.com/story/21195717/kvoo-turns-krispy-kreme-into-drive-thru-chapel-for-valentines-day

Pull into the drive thru at Krispy Kreme today and you can get hitched or renew your vows. The bigger question is...do they do donut cakes???

What about you, anyone get married in some weird place or under weird circumstances?

Replies

• OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    To answer your Q - they DO doughnut cakes (in TX anyway)

http://www.krispykremetexas.com/dnutcakes2.html

I got married in a church - sorry no help here
  • kdkyzer
    kdkyzer Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Love Krispy Kreme...always stay away, though, can't open that flood gate.

My daughter is getting married on May 25 in Montana on top of a mountain where her fiance proposed.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    County recorders office wearing jeans and t-shirts that said Bride and Groom, I wore the one that said Groom.
  • _SusieQ_
    Options
    Not sure this is weird or not, but I personally got married on Friday the 13th.

It explains a lot....
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I prefer Tim Hortons Donuts.
    Absolutely nothing in relation to the article, but I'm just throwing it out there.
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    Married to my son's dad on Halloween at an indoor soccer facility. I wore a schmexy black dress, and he was in a shirt, tie, and indoor soccer shoes. We stood in the center of the field, surrounded by a ring of soccer balls. Afterwards, we went to a club in Denver, had the VIP room with an open bar, and danced our *kitten* off. He was The Joker and I was Harley Quinn.

Married to my current husband at Buca di Deppo in the "Pope Room" and we married ourselves. I wore a cute black and white dress and I was 3 months up the duff. :laugh: His dad made us a cake out of Hostess Cupcakes...it was awesome!
  • _SusieQ_
    Options
    Married to my son's dad on Halloween at an indoor soccer facility. I wore a schmexy black dress, and he was in a shirt, tie, and indoor soccer shoes. We stood in the center of the field, surrounded by a ring of soccer balls. Afterwards, we went to a club in Denver, had the VIP room with an open bar, and danced our *kitten* off. He was The Joker and I was Harley Quinn.

Married to my current husband at Buca di Deppo in the "Pope Room" and we married ourselves. I wore a cute black and white dress and I was 3 months up the duff. :laugh: His dad made us a cake out of Hostess Cupcakes...it was awesome!

Seriously, I heart you so hard. :heart:
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Folks have been getting married at Voodoo Donuts in Portland for a while.

...but then again, Portland is weird.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,315 Member
    Options
    Not sure this is weird or not, but I personally got married on Friday the 13th.

It explains a lot....

My first divorce was finalized on a Friday, the 13th. Not sure when the second one will be. Haven't scheduled it yet.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't get married there, but now I am considering a stack of Krispy Kreme donuts in the shape of a cake for the wedding cake.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't get married there, but now I am considering a stack of Krispy Kreme donuts in the shape of a cake for the wedding cake.
    por vous:
    merrill08.jpg
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    por vous:
    merrill08.jpg

I love you.
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    por vous:
    merrill08.jpg
    Wow loving that cake yum yum worth renewing our vows for, but I'd have to have my way this time and do it on a beach ( we married in a church it was what everyone else wanted so I kept everyone happy ????)
  • _SusieQ_
    Options
    por vous:
    merrill08.jpg

Ok, but the best part of this cake is the topper. The bride has her legs wrapped around the groom. That rocks.
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Oh my god. This is my city.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I'm boycotting Krispy Kreme, and here's why:

http://djcoregon.com/news/2003/01/09/krispy-kreme-leases-waddle8217s-space/

They put this family owned business out of busines.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Got married on Halloween. No costumes but we went to the French Quarter that night and had a blast.