Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

feel like I'm losing my juju!!!

claire76bear
claire76bear Posts: 9
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
Hi, I've been on here for about a couple of months and have done really well as I'm almost half way to my goal. I've been losing weight gradually (around 1lb a week ) which is good for me as I've only planning to lose just over a stone (around 15lb) I'm a little shortie of 5' 1''

I was really strict and watched what I ate , exercised when I could (which I'm still managing) but I'm losing my juju!
For example yesterday I had some homemade cake and before I knew if I'd had four small squares of it! Then opened an easter egg and scoffed half of that! where before I had wlll power and commitment to stay away from the bad stuff! I'm just craving the bad stuff and going over my 1200 goal including eating my exercise calories.

Anyone got any tips to get back on track before I totally lose it all together !

Replies

• jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    I'm in the same boat (I ate half a pizza last night!!).

I am starting a new running training program this week, and hoping that will keep me on track!! Maybe you could try a new workout to keep your mind in the right place??

Also -- I love the word juju.....
  • balance9
    balance9 Posts: 160
    Take a one-day break...no logging, no counting, no guilt. But one day only -- and you will feel 100% better and motivated to stay on track. I'm a firm believer in planned cheats for physical and psychological reasons. If you tell yourself "I can never have this again" it's quite different from "I have to wait until Sunday to have this".
  • i definitely agree with this. If you are to strict on yourself you are setting yourself up for failure. You have to reward yourself for doing well on the diet :)!
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Take a one-day break...no logging, no counting, no guilt. But one day only -- and you will feel 100% better and motivated to stay on track. I'm a firm believer in planned cheats for physical and psychological reasons. If you tell yourself "I can never have this again" it's quite different from "I have to wait until Sunday to have this".

I've been telling myself "I can never have this again" and it has been bringing me down!!!! Thank you for this! I'm learning more and more.. It's all in the planning!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Yeah I agree with the others, the problem was completely restricting yourself from having stuff you liked, so you got bored and your cravings got stronger.

A cheat day is good, but that can get tricky, because you may feel it means cheat the whole day and have whatever whenever, and you can gain that 1lb back you may have lost. But it does give you something to look forward to, but still watch what you take in. I love ice cream, so I choose to treat myself to iceccream sunday nights, and it gives me something to look forward to, but after a while some Sundays would approach and I not even feel for the ice cream.

So once you allow yourself to eat stuff you love, but in moderation, then you can easily decide not to have it, because its a choice and not a restriction and it will make it easier on you

I usually dont cook on fridays and do take out, but I eat my heavy meals for lunch, so if I do pizza or chinese, I save mine for lunch the following day, so I dont eat anything too heavy in the night.

You can get back your juju, just try not to be so hard on yourself, and log everything
  • Thanks guys alot of really helpful tips.

Its not that i'm like mega strict its more the lack of will power juju!
    If I have learnt one thing on here its that : (a) its not a diet its more a making of good choices and (b) you can have your odd naughty as long as you dont go mad....or what I do make sure I have done some exercise to level it out.
    It's just harder to stop at a small piece!
This discussion has been closed.