5 pound weight loss in a week....?

Options
I just stepped onto my scale (escali digital glass top) after showering and drying my hair. It said 170.4, so I stepped on multiple times and it all came out the same. Minutes later I stepped on again and it said 170.6 so +/- .2lb. If you look in my food diary/exercise log I haven't been doing anything crazy. Should I try using a different scale? Or is this real? I measured my waist and it's now 30.5inches too.

Replies

• susannahsutton1
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear - I have set my calories target to lose me 2lb per week. Some weeks I have lost >4, some just 1. However, it's averaged out at 2lb per week. Take the glory, keep working and bear in mind that some weeks you won't have such good news!
  • jeffmineo
    Options
    Heres the thing with scales.... they can all tell you something a little different but as long as you use one then you its consistant. As for the weight loss each body is different and depends on your current weight .... I have lost 10lbs in a weel but I was really heavy.... its now slowed down. You will hit a wall so its all good
  • Tryinonemoretime
    Tryinonemoretime Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I even used a pencil to mark the floor so that the scale sits in the exact same spot each day. I know we should only weigh once a week but I can't keep from stepping on it each morning! lol The damn thing owns me!
    lol
    Good luck to everyone!
    Oh and Happy Valentines Day!
  • iggylove123
    Options
    You're right! Every week is different! I'm waiting until tomorrow or Wednesday to mark down on mfp how much I've lost though! My weight loss has already slowed down seeing as my ideal weight isn't much lower than I already am! I should mark my floor with something! It owns me too haha