To eat or not to eat? That is my question.

Options
walnut
walnut Posts: 216 Member
Hi. So we're supposed to go meet my family at 11:00 for a "fancy" brunch buffet, and I'm really excited because it sounds delicious, and I've been planning on eating lots of calories there. I wasn't going to eat breakfast so I could have extra room and calories; after all it is brunch. But I just woke up VERY hungry... I usually eat breakfast when I wake up. I'm getting less hungry the more time goes by. Is it bad for me to skip breakfast today, especially when I'm hungry? I know breakfast helps your metabolism, and I'm generally against skipping meals, but will it screw my metabolism up for the day if I skip breakfast this morning, or is that more of a long-term thing?

Replies

• walnut
    Options
    Hi. So we're supposed to go meet my family at 11:00 for a "fancy" brunch buffet, and I'm really excited because it sounds delicious, and I've been planning on eating lots of calories there. I wasn't going to eat breakfast so I could have extra room and calories; after all it is brunch. But I just woke up VERY hungry... I usually eat breakfast when I wake up. I'm getting less hungry the more time goes by. Is it bad for me to skip breakfast today, especially when I'm hungry? I know breakfast helps your metabolism, and I'm generally against skipping meals, but will it screw my metabolism up for the day if I skip breakfast this morning, or is that more of a long-term thing?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Eat!

Otherwise, instead of enjoying your brunch you will overeat.

Just a little something for breakfast to keep your blood sugar up.:flowerforyou:
  • walnut
    Options
    Eat!

Otherwise, instead of enjoying your brunch you will overeat.

Just a little something for breakfast to keep your blood sugar up.:flowerforyou:

Thanks, that's a really good point! :happy:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Eat sweetie!

Otherwise you WILL overeat.

Know the old saying, "my eyes ere bigger then my stomach"??
  • rayneenie
    rayneenie Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Personally i take Sunday as my full cheat day I get it off all day long no worry about calories. I just eat what I want.
  • walnut
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I did have a banana. I think you were right - I ate more than I usually would because it was a special occasion, but it wasn't ridiculously overindulgent like it probably would have been :happy: