Replies

• oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Great outlook!
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options

For those of you who can accept the beauty in life, I applaud you. For those who haven't found that yet, I truly hope you can,

Your attitude is admirable, your wisdom laudable. Well said.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I LIKE U!
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    beautifully said! I try to live like that each day..otherwise I would hate almost every day! People ask me why I'm in a good mood almost all the time..I tell them because I choose too, it makes the day better for everyone!

thanks to you and have a Very Happy Valentines Day to you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    YES! We cannot control others, but we can control ourselves and our reactions to others. I believe that many of life's difficulties would be less difficult, and more people would be happy, if they chose to recognize this fact and adjust their actions and attitudes accordingly.

Happy day to you :smile:
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Inspiring attitude!
  • BiscuitsNDavy
    BiscuitsNDavy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Amen brother. Great reminder to all of us that happiness is a conscious CHOICE we have to make on a continual basis. It is the easier choice to contemplate our own navel.

Thanks for sharing, puts things in a great perspective.

"God, grant me the serenity
    To accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    and wisdom to know the difference."
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Amen brother. Great reminder to all of us that happiness is a conscious CHOICE we have to make on a continual basis. It is the easier choice to contemplate our own navel.

Thanks for sharing, puts things in a great perspective.

"God, grant me the serenity
    To accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    and wisdom to know the difference."

Thanks brother. I've always loved that prayer, and regardless of whether you're religious, and actually pray it, or not, and just use it as a mantra, it certainly carries the right message.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Excellent post! :flowerforyou:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Love it!

My grandma died the day after Thanksgiving one year. My step-dad was diagnosed with cancer that same day. My grandpa died the following January. It was a sucky year. But none of them would support me wallowing in grief. They would want me to be happy, so I will be.

Life is too short to be sad all the time.
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am so sorry for your losses. You sound like a very great person and have a great outlook on life. You said it perfectly!!! Thank you for sharing this with us!!
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Love this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing I've learned is that sometimes you need to create NEW memories when there are certain days or places, etc. that prompt memories of awful times. The process can hurt but it's the only way to get your life back. For example, after going through an abusive relationship, I avoided EVERYTHING. I even moved out of state because everything around me prompted a bad memory and painful feelings- even flashbacks. It got to the point where I couldn't sleep (and didn't even WANT to because of the nightmares) and never left my apartment, and I was eventually diagnosed with PTSD. After some time out of state, and after also dealing with my dad's death which happened less than a year later, I moved back to Southern California. I still felt compelled to avoid a LOT of areas I used to frequent...certain restaurants, the college I had gone to, even whole cities. I remembered specific days and could barely handle them- September 5th being "the day it all went to hell." Finally, I was so sick of this a-hole controlling my life even though he was OUT of my life, that I decided I needed to force myself to create new memories of those places so that I could have something to look back on. It definitely hurt, and was extremely difficult...but I went back to those places a couple times with good friends and had a good time...I also forced myself to go out and do things every September 5th...pain was still there but I refused to run away. Eventually, instead of remembering the horrible things that happened at those places and on those days, I was able to remember the more recent GOOD times, and now the bad memories are just barely in the background. "It all went to hell" 7.5 years ago. I'll never forget the bad days, but they don't run my life anymore. Two years of my life were thrown away...I'm glad I finally confronted the issues and started living my life again.
  • sweetsarahv
    sweetsarahv Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    wow talk about a dose of perspective. you've been through hell, and you are still so positive! thanks so much for sharing!
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    THank you for the perspective! I was having a crappy valentine's day (I think my bf is breaking up with me...but heis ignoring me rather than actually doing it) but this realy helped me put things in perspective. I admire your strength!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    THank you for the perspective! I was having a crappy valentine's day (I think my bf is breaking up with me...but heis ignoring me rather than actually doing it) but this realy helped me put things in perspective. I admire your strength!

We all have crappy days - glad that you're feeling better.