When should I slow the weight loss?

Options
JTick
JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
Hello all,

I am 5'4", started at 265, currently 208. I am averaging almost exactly 2 lbs lost per week. At what point should I start slowing the loss down? I still have 60ish pounds to lose. According to frog fitness, my bmr is right at 1800, with my tdee floating between 2500-2800 depending on the day. I have been eating at least 1800, normally closer to 1900-2000.

Also, if I were to hold my calories steady, would my weight loss naturally slow itself as my tdee lowers as I lose weight?

Replies

• jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    First, your TDEE will change as you lose weight so check about every 15 pounds or so and adjust as necessary.

In my experience, the loss will slow as you get closer to your goal. Best of luck to you!!
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You and I have a lot of similaries, I am 5'3", started at 250, currently 194, and have about 45ish left. I'm on the 1 pound/week ride, and it ends up averaging just that, though it's in more clumps and stops than a neat 1 pound/week weigh-in. I don't know the nutritional answer. So far, I've tried to reduce my caloric intake as my calorie recommendation drops, but I might not be able to sustain that too much longer. I'm still struggling with the last drop of 90 calories (when I hit 195). For me, I think that's when I'll slow, when I need to eat more than is recommended to lose at this pace to stay on the wagon, not feel too deprived, etc. It's very emotional for me, and I want to stay with something I can live with indefinitely. Once I can't, I need to slow.

There may, though, be more nutritionally/fitness/health based answers out there. I'd be interested in hearing them myself.