How would you log my edible flowers for valentines

Options
My husband won me a cupcake bouquet for valentines day, it is made up of 7 cupcakes with buttercream icing ontop and some fondant icing petals and flowers, each cupcake weighs just over 100g, luckily we are staying with my parents at the minute and there are 7 of us round the table tonight, so i will only eat 1 and there will be no leftovers for tomorrow, but i have no idea as to the ingredients or the calorie content of them, do i log it as a quick calorie add and if so how many calories, or do i guess a recipe from a book to give me a closer idea, or do i see what shop brought cakes are listed in the database and use that as a guide????

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Look for a cupcake entry and use that. It may not be exact but it's better than guessing. You should be able to select sizes as well... or look for a cake entry where you can input grams as serving size.

There also should be entries for fondant if you are eating the petals.
  • PosterGuy1
    PosterGuy1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    "Big mistake.":laugh:

Just kidding. That was nice of your husband.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I'd say to look in the database for a comparable item if you can. Above all, just enjoy the gift from your husband . A couple hundred calories never killed anyone :wink:
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    SHARE:smile: Then you don't have to worry too much
  • jadelyndsey
    jadelyndsey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    The average bakery cupcake can normally be anything up to 600 calories (and no, I'm not kidding!) It depends on size and how much icing there is really.

I suppose you could use this article to determine a similar cupcake and go from there:
    http://www.eatingwell.com/healthy_cooking/kids_cooking/how_many_calories_are_in_your_cupcake