easy fish recipes?

Options
hgremm
hgremm Posts: 4 Member
With the beginning of Lent, I'm in search of some easy fish recipes. In years past, we would generally eat something junky like pizza or frozen fried fish patties. I'd like to change that this year. Maybe we'll find something yummy enough that it makes it into our dinner rotation year round.

Any high protein vegetarian recipes are also welcome.

Replies

• duckiec
    duckiec Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    My kids love these: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/eatingwell_fish_sticks.html, and we put the dry ingredients in a ziplock, and hand them to the kids to toss, beat, hammer, whatever- no food processor involved.

Often, though, we take our defrosted fish pieces (salmon, tilapia, cod, usually) put it on a cookie sheet on top of a silpat or aluminum foil that we spray olive oil cooking spray on. Sprinkle fresh or dried herbs (cilantro, dill, italian seasoning, whatever) and pop in the oven or toaster oven. Dill is my fave, my hubby likes a asian flare- sesame seeds and thyme. Enjoy!
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    i like to bake fish with a panko crust. Here's the recipe I used last night.

http://kareninthekitchen.wordpress.com/2013/01/11/panko-crusted-tilapia/
  • greatmom2
    greatmom2 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Check out the Broiled Parmesan Tilapia on allrecipes.com. My family loves it!!
  • BrittMoo
    Options
    super easy for my family tilapia or salmon.
    lemon and garlic and bake!!!
    I dont get to fancy with my fish! But my family always loves it.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    I haven't eaten meat in 13 years and I've never tried any kind of seafood, but I definitely know how to cook it lol. My boyfriend loves when I drizzle some honey over salmon and bake it. I make him a sandwich with honey baked salmon and mozzarella on sourdough.
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Here's a marinade I love using for salmon:

- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
    - 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
    - 1 tbsp. soy sauce
    - 1/2 tsp (or to taste) lemon pepper
    - 1/4 tsp. thyme
    - 1/4 tsp. basil
    - 1/4 tsp. parsley
    - 1/4 tsp. garlic

Put in a Ziploc baggie with fish & marinate for about an hour (or more) if you have time. Grill or pan-sear that bad boy.
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Tilapia filets sprinkled with a pinch of garlic salt, Old Bay seasoning, and sliced lemon. Bake in the oven 400 degrees for 25 minutes in a covered glass dish, and done!

I also like to bake salmon drizzled with a little olive oil, dried dill and lemon juice. Yum!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    How's this for easy?
    Salmon fillet, sweet chilli dipping sauce, bake, eat.
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Salmon croquettes and fish tacos!
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Slice half a lemon, place slices in pan with water, add salmon, poach. Remove salmon. Serve with other half lemon and sprinkle top of salmon with dill.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    A popular fish entree at my house:
    Take some catfish, season with a spice mix (I use Tony's, but you can just use salt and pepper with good results) and some lemon or lime, broil until fish flakes (takes about 10 minutes for me). Meanwhile, mix up some mayo or light dressing with mustard and spread it onto some flat bread (I skip those on mine and just use a sweet chili sauce or sun dried tomato dressing with hot sauce). Load it up with lettuce, onions, feta (pepper jack or habenero jack are good too), and bell peppers and you're good to go.
    Another recipe I love:
    Take some fish (any will do but I almost always use swordfish or shark) and arrange it on a broiling pan. Take about 1/2 cup of lime juice, a tablespoon of soy or fish sauce, two minced garlic cloves, a bit of honey/sugar/agave (a teaspoon of agave suits my tastes but you could add more) & grated ginger (I use about 2 teaspoons) and combine over heat in a saucepan; stir until reduced by half then brush some over the fish & broil until the fish flakes. Add in green onions to taste with the remaining sauce and pour it over the fish before serving. It's great with some broccoli and rice and it's a fast make.

Blackened salmon is always easy and fast too.

*Edited for typos.
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I buy a case of High Liner Roasted Lemon Pepper Cod from Costco's, all you do is put it in the oven for about 20 minutes and you can eat it with a vegetable and a baked potato. Another good quick meal is chicken salad or tuna salad kits from Aldi's with crackers. Hope this helps a little!
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Once you know how to bake fish, just put whatever you want on it and bake. I like lemon pepper bread crumbs if I'm going higher calorie or for low calorie, just lemon juice, salt & pepper (and maybe some garlic powder). Citrus is always a good choice. A REALLY easy one is to bake salmon plain, top it with Maille whole grain mustard (or another brand...I love Maille) and broil til the mustard crisps up. It's ridiculously tasty and absurdly easy.
  • O2BFatNoMore
    Options
    I'm the only fish-eater at my house, so I don't go to a lot of trouble. I buy the frozen salmon filets (4 oz single serving - about $1.70 ea). I pre-cook brown rice on the weekend so I have a container in the fridge. I have single serving baking dishes that I put in a cup of brown rice, then place the thawed salmon right on top, add about a 1/2 tbs of BUTTER and bake until the salmon is done. The rice turns out fantastic (slightly crunchy with a nice taste) and I add lemon to the whole deal. Serve with some fresh asparagus and I'm in heaven.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    For salmon (wild of course)

I usually melt about 2 tbls of butter in a saucepan, add juice from about 4 lemons, and 3 cloves of garlic (minced)

Preheat oven for 400.

Put some foil on a baking sheet, place salmon on the foil. I make a little bowl for the salmon to hold the sauce.

Put a bunch of dill on the salmon, pour the sauce over the dill, which is on the salmon.

Bake for 20 min.

YUM
  • rtunnicliff
    rtunnicliff Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Here's one I found, ,couldn't believe how easy it was and how nice. I used a fish pie mix, salmon a white fish and smoked haddock. "http://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/smoky-fish-stew-with-lemon-and-parsley.html"
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Grill the salmon on a cedar plank. I just add a little Johnny's seasoning salt . Between the little bit of salt and smoke it comes out delicious and it's really easy ! You can get the planks ready to grill with different flavors in the bbq section of Home Depot or Lowes too.
  • BellaEle
    Options
    bread seared calamari.. Just mix in a bowl ground plain bread, olive oil (enough to wet the bread), salt and pepper. Then put the calamari inside the bowl to cover them with seasoned bread. I use to broil them on a baking sheet for 5 minutes each side. I'm Italian and this is a typical recipe from the region I come from!
  • rsjohnb
    rsjohnb Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    !EASIEST FISH RECIPE IN THE WORLD!

take1 or two smoked haddock fillets place in a cassorole dish cover with milk add salt/pepper and a knob of butter place in a med oven for around 20 mins. (you know its done if it flakes when you lift it out)

Done! have with mash and some green veg.

good luck. :happy: