What can I do to improve my food diary?

Options
Hello Friends,
Here is my food diary: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/rejosa

Before joining MyFitness Pal (12/31/2012), I was at my highest weight (207.8lbs) on a small frame (4'10'') and I'm currently at 188.6lbs. It's been a great success so far and starting out, I was very motivated, working out 30-45 minutes a day down to barely 15 minutes a day. I've burned myself out. But I have been trying to stay within my caloric limit if I don't jump on the cardio train.

My weight loss comes slow these days, what can I add to my diary boost my metabolism?

Thanks for your time :happy:

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    If today is normal, your diary looks pretty good!

Try to find some kind of exercise that you enjoy.
    Hula hooping
    Yoga
    Team sports
    Rock climbing
    Dance - hip hop, ballet, Bollywood, swing, Salsa, tango, two step...
    Hiking
    Swimming
    Acro yoga
    Parkour
    Trapeze

If you don't have something in mind that you have always wanted to try, start with the list above and choose something. Go try it once a week for a month. If you aren't having fun by then, pick another activity. Repeat until the very idea of going makes you smile!
  • refinedredbird
    refinedredbird Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I think you are eating really well and I don't see anything that sticks out, but I was curious about your settings for your carbs, protein, fats. I have heard and am currently trying the 40% carbs, 30% protein & fats. Your protein daily goal seems a bit low. I'm no expert, but that's my 2 cents :) Great job on the loss so far.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could lower your calories for meals and eat healthy snacks in between to spread your eating more throughout the day. If you eat smaller meals throughout the day you will keep your metabolism revved instead of waiting hours between meals until you feel hungry making blood sugar levels spike then drop all day long. Also, definitely exercise 5-6 days a week to burn some of those calories taken in.
  • rejosa
    rejosa Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your suggestions& time Ladies :)

@ jessgoodbred8 - I went with the recommended settings for my weight loss/activity level, which are

carb 55%
    protein 15%
    fat 30%.
  • refinedredbird
    refinedredbird Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I calculated my lean body mass which is about 130lbs and I read that it is recommended to eat about 1gram of protein per lb of lean body mass. At 30% protein, it sets me at 123grams of protein, which is fairly close. By doing this, it is supposed to help you retain your muscle tissue and instead, lose fat. Again, I'm no expert though :)