Great actors-Horrible movies

Options

Replies

• monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Ishtar...it was so bad I've blocked all memory of this. I like Dustin Hoffman but I refuse to remember anything other than Warren Beatty on a sand dune. Horrid film...horrid memories...it makes other movies that are horrid look almost like Oscar winners.

Monica
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    ok, reading through these posts, I've now seen mentioned -

Men Who Stare at Goats
    The Big Lebowski
    Dragnet
    No Country For Old Men

Obviously you people have no taste in films, or just a very narrow perspective of what makes a good movie.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    George Clooney, The American. I'm still mad about having to sit through that.
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Tim Robbins - Howard The Duck

Oh, gee, thanks - I thought I had erased that abomination from my brain and you go and remind me!!!

I don't agree that this qualifies. Tim Robbins was a complete unknown when he made this. You can't fault an actor for taking work when he is trying to establish himself.

Once they are an amazing actor, doing a movie like Mission to Mars or Green Lantern..... that is a different story.

Fine! I'll come up with something else.

Ewan McGregor - The Island
    Scarlett Johansson - The Island
  • Eons44
    Eons44 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Mark Wahlberg - The Happening

That movie was horrible, and I watched it because I love Zooey. Right along with Shark Boy and Lava Girl, but I don't think there were any good actors in that.
    haha little boy Taylor Lautner
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options

Men Who Stare at Goats
    The Big Lebowski
    Dragnet
    No Country For Old Men

Obviously you people have no taste in films, or just a very narrow perspective of what makes a good movie.

This
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    God I hated Book of Eli so hard.
  • Kristen81
    Options
    Brad Pitt - Mr. & Mrs. Smith.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options

Men Who Stare at Goats
    The Big Lebowski
    Dragnet
    No Country For Old Men

Obviously you people have DIFFERNT taste in films, or just a very DIFFERENT perspective of what makes a good movie.

This

I fixed it for you. :wink:

I love when people tell other people they have no taste. No. You have different taste. It is OK to like or not like these films. I think No Country For Old Men is one of the greatest movies ever. I also think Men Who Stare at Goats qualifies just below waterboarding as torture. Am I right? Yep. Nope. Maybe. These are my opinions. DIFFERENT than yours. This is not Nazi Germany, and this will not be over when they bomb Pearl Harbor.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Al Pacino - everything he's done since Heat has been crap with a few exceptions.
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options

Men Who Stare at Goats
    The Big Lebowski
    Dragnet
    No Country For Old Men

Obviously you people have DIFFERNT taste in films, or just a very DIFFERENT perspective of what makes a good movie.

This

I love when people tell other people they have no taste. No. You have different taste. It is OK to like or not like these films. I think No Country For Old Men is one of the greatest movies ever. I also think Men Who Stare at Goats qualifies just below waterboarding as torture. Am I right? Yep. Nope. Maybe. These are my opinions. DIFFERENT than yours. This is not Nazi Germany, and this will not be over when they bomb Pearl Harbor.

I think that's the fastest reductio ad hitlerum I've ever seen, and over the most trivial topic. Well done!
  • shak29
    shak29 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Leonardo DiCaprio in Revolutionary Road
  • shak29
    shak29 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Tom Cruise- Vanilla Sky.

I could not agree with you more!
  • subconscious_ink
    subconscious_ink Posts: 194 Member
    Options

Men Who Stare at Goats
    The Big Lebowski
    Dragnet
    No Country For Old Men

This

I think that's the fastest reductio ad hitlerum I've ever seen, and over the most trivial topic. Well done!

Perhaps, but the points about different opinions were still valid.
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Cry Baby

With Johnny Depp

Sucked!!!
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Paul Giamatti - Lady in the Water. This was after I gave up on M Knight, but for some reason tried it. Big waste of time.
  • Kristen81
    Options
    Cry Baby

With Johnny Depp

Sucked!!!

You're crazy!!! I love this movie.
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Wicked Stepmother - Bette Davis

"I would be ashamed to have people think I sanctioned something like this," Davis says.
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options

Men Who Stare at Goats
    The Big Lebowski
    Dragnet
    No Country For Old Men

This

Perhaps, but the points about different opinions were still valid.

Let's not derail the thread. The last thing the internet needs is the 7 trillionth "everyone is entitled to their opinion" argument. They stated an opinion, and so did I.

And in the interest of keeping the thread on track -

Morgan Freeman - Chain Reaction. Keanu I can understand. But Morgan?

And if anyone would like to express their opinion that I obviously have no taste if I was not writhing in paroxysms of delight during the credits of this movie - please feel free. I will respect your opinion.
  • moriuh
    moriuh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Wolf Town - Max Adler. I'm a huge fan of Max and I watched the movie solely for him buuuuuuuuut the movie sucked. Max tried though.