Losing 50 pounds in 5 months?

I am 5'2 and about 234 pounds right now. My ultimate goal would be to lose about 100 pounds, but for now I want to start with 50. Since starting my journey I have reduced my calories to 1700 per day, and I now workout on the elliptical machine 45 minutes a day about 4 days a week. So far I lost two pounds doing this the last two weeks.

I was just curious if anyone had any tips to lose weight faster. I've been drinking a lot of water and eating mostly fruit, vegetables and a Slim Fast shake for dinner with some carbs in between. I'd really love to get the bulk of my weight off by the end of the summer but don't know if I'm going for a pipe dream. Any advice or tips would be well appreciated.

Replies

• Maybe its the waterweight that is higher than when you started becouse you have been drinking more water ( sorry if my english is bad:P )

And try to weigh in the morning before eating anything that wil be the most acurate
  • Good idea, I have been weighing myself after workouts which are in the afternoon.
  • Plus just try to be patient. 2 lbs in 2 weeks is healthy and normal. The first couple weeks can be hard because your body doesn't know what is going on. Once its used to the changes and your metabolism speeds up then it will get better. Atleast thats my experience :)
  • JigglyPuff2011
    JigglyPuff2011 Posts: 32 Member
    Jumping rope and swimming burns calories fast!!
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Ideally you should lose 1-2 pounds a week - that's a healthy rate. So, it is possible to do 50 pounds in 5 months if you REALLY work at it, but don't be too disappointed if you only lose like 45.
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Patience is an operative word here. 2 lbs lost a week is actually excellent. 1 to 1.5 lbs a week more likely. Setting your goals and expectations to high is a recipe for disappointment and discouragement. Take care and best to you on this new life journey.
  • Thank you all very much :)