Can't stop thinking about that damn donut.....

Options

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    But but but donuts are so doughy and disgusting and turn into a ball of glop in your mouth, which is hard to swallow. Blegh! Just say no to donuts!
  • ChrisinGA
    ChrisinGA Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I know I hate when i see something that looks so yummy, but I know I shouldn't i am doing better I think but most wouldn't agree with me lol. if you can work extra hard maybe go get one good luck.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Go buy one and eat it:)
  • tbullucks06
    Options
    Maybe I will go this weekend and get one. I will make sure I fit it in the daily calorie goal. I'll let you all know if it was worth all the hype!
  • tbullucks06
    Options
    I got one. It was good but almost too sweet for me. The good news is that it's out of my system and I don't feel like I need to get another. I also worked out the calories that day and stayed within my calorie range. Winning
  • eowynmn
    eowynmn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    EAT THE DOUGHNUT! If you don't eat the doughnut, then you will break eventually and eat a dozen doughnuts. Trust me, a little now is better than the bakers dozen on your hips later.
  • eowynmn
    eowynmn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    HAH yay and ignore that last post ;)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Ewwww, sounds gross ..... would probably make you puke :drinker:
  • JamesChargerWolf
    JamesChargerWolf Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Girlfriend, that's what Zumba's for! Plan for a donut and a dance-a-thon.
    Today I shook my booty, had a great time and burned 568 calories. And damn if you don't feel sexy shaking that thang! :laugh:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Came up with a new thought to help the triggers...

Which will be worse to you?

Does the thought of depriving yourself from that doughnut cause you to feel more upset than the guilt you will have from saying yes.

If the thought of deprivations causes you to be more upset then try the doughnut. Make it a ritual. Buy a hot cup of coffee. Put it on a nice plate and enjoy it.

Now if the guilt is going to be worse and you'll be kicking yourself for the rest of the day then its not worth it. Move on it's just a doughnut.

Just choose what will be the worst option for your peace of mind.
  • JamesChargerWolf
    JamesChargerWolf Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I got one. It was good but almost too sweet for me. The good news is that it's out of my system and I don't feel like I need to get another. I also worked out the calories that day and stayed within my calorie range. Winning

That's how you do it! And now you're not thinking about it anymore.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    1. Drive to Dunkin Donuts (wear running shoes and workout clothes).
    2. Run around the Dunkin Donuts building 100 times to build caloric deficit.
    3. Buy donut.
    4. Eat donut.
    5. ???
    6. Profit.

Fixed that for you. You left off a zero.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    It's temptations like these that make me grateful I no longer eat baked goods unless they are gluten free. Temptation is all around me -- the staff room at school where I teach is always a treasure trove of temptation. It's fun to watch all the staff come in, sniff at the donuts and grab one, while I just walk on by, with nary a second glance.

Now, admittedly, I have a couple of GF cake pops in my fridge as we speak, and I look forward to it as my dessert tonight. But until then, I can handle it.
  • MJH2
    MJH2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, just get one! I eat Carrot Cake once a month, and I make sure to eat it with a demitas spoon, you know the really really small one, so I can savor every bite.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    You mean this donut?
    309808_10151647997518238_134938855_n_zpsb9bdb7e9.jpg

TRUST ME, the picture looks alot better than how it actually tastes, at least that's what I think and my boyfriend agreed that it tasted "off". I tried it cause my boyfriend wanted one, we were going to each have half and I had less cause like someone else said, it's almost like it's too sweet, too much of a good thing in donut form. If you want one so bad, go get it and take half of it, try it and either throw the other half away (so you're not tempted) or go when you're with someone so they can have the other half and it's not wasted
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Bl""dy donuts!!
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Sorry, sounds gross. If it were Marmite and cheese on a bagel, then that would be a different story!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

*high five!* I felt that way about the Fluffernutter doughnut at Sheetz after I saw the sign that it was "coming soon". I had one over the weekend. It was pretty good, but now I want to try the chocolate peanut butter one! I'll be working one into my day in the very near future. :smile:
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options

Glad you got to try it and got the craving out of your system! Sometimes I'll have a craving that I just can't get rid of, so I totally understand just having to try it :)
  • FinallyDoingMe
    FinallyDoingMe Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Marmite and cheese on a bagel

I just puked in my mouth a little :laugh: