Healthy Not-Too-Commercial Valentine's Day!

Options
Happy valentine's day everyone! I always like to spend valentine's day doing something other than eating chocolates and going out to dinner and the movies. I prefer spending it outdoors. Tonight my husband and I are going swimming and on the weekend we're planning a long bike ride and picnic. It will be a homemade dinner tonight and chocolate covered strawberries for dessert. I did make it some-what commercial though, I got him a card and audio book on the life of Steve Jobs. I was so happy to find a valentine's day card with a picture of two bicycles on the front. It said "Enjoying the journey of life...with you by my side." :)

How are you spending today?

Replies

• Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Were going out to eat at a steak house! I've been thinking of this steak all day long, lol.
  • mclgo
    mclgo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm not a fan of Valentine's Day because I think it guilts men into buying all manner of junk. When we married, my husband and I started a tradition: he'd clean out my car, and I'd make him a lasagna. This year our "gift" is a newer car. I like the idea of doing something together outdoors - great plan!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Homemade dinner, but I did go out and get cheesecake. But only because it turns out he hated the cream cheese with whipped topping version I made for his birthday last week.