Detox

Options
Does anybody know of a good safe detox that they have used and that would highly recommend? I want something that I don't have to spend all day in the bathroom.

Replies

• mollyelliott
    mollyelliott Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i used the jillian micheals 7 day detox and cleanse.. well for about 4 days until i got a bad bout of the stomach flu (i was THOROUGHLY cleansed after that) but the four days i did it, i dindt spend any more time than normal in the bathroom
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I will be absolutely honest, I have thought about detoxes off and on throughout my (relatively short) journey. I've wondered how healthy and safe they are, how they would affect my body, etc etc etc. I've pretty much decided on what I consider the "poor man's" detox. I TRY (stress try, I have failed miserably lately:blushing: ) to drink 8 to 10 glasses of water per day and get my RDA of fiber. This "detox" does not have the wonderous affects of other detoxes that cause you to lose 10 lbs in 10 days. However, everytime I have a "cheat meal," I usually end up putting some chemical or another in my body that I'm not too proud of (tonight it is tequilla:drinker: ). My detox is an ongoing, lifestyle detox. It guarantees that I will be clearing out anything I may put into my system. I don't have to repeat a NASTY salt water detox once a year (have you ever tried to drink that stuff?! :sick: ).

Good luck on finding what will work for you!
  • crashed98
    Options
    One that really worked for me was the "cabbage soup diet" Google it and you can find all the details...It's 7days and is based around this soup and veggies and adds other foods back in day by day. I lost about 11 lbs on this detox....it was a great kick start to my diet to flush the nasties out and start losing real weight!!