Week End Blues

Options
sindyb9
sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
I am having so much trouble on week ends. I just am so tierd by the week end I dont get motivated to do my exercise. Then I end up eating over my calories. Any suggestions to get motivated on the week end?

Replies

• sindyb9
    Options
    I am having so much trouble on week ends. I just am so tierd by the week end I dont get motivated to do my exercise. Then I end up eating over my calories. Any suggestions to get motivated on the week end?
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I remember being tired on the weekends just like you...the only thing I can think of is to remind yourself that you are just tired and that is no reason to sabotage your healthy eating habits...you'll feel better if you nourish yourself...get the rest you need and maybe think about what fun thing you would like to do...I bellydance...it never feels like work, it is so enjoyable!
  • danaanlugh
    Options
    You know what I found helps on the weekends? At least for me. Take up a hobby that you really would like to try, one that involves movement, even if it is a leisurely stroll.

For myself, I chose photography. Street photography in particular, so I never have an excuse not to wander around... and it doesn't seem like EXERCISE when we are doing what we love!

And the added bonus? We're away from the fridge! :laugh:

Best of luck to you!
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Thank you that sounds like fun. I love my walks during the week at work. I will try to find a nice walking spot around my home area. Thank you again. I dont have too much support as far as exercising from my family. They help with the food part, but I know I also need the exercise.
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Thank you I do love to walk.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I have to say week-ends were tough for me also. I have been going to the Y 4x’s on the week days and that sure has helped my motivation level. When I started this site which was around March 3rd week end work outs were out of the question. I did not think of exercise.
    However, yesterday we decided to take our overweight beagle for a walk. We went to a great state park that had hiking trails through woods and around a beautiful pond. As a matter of fact in my profile I have a picture of my husband over looking the pond. Last summer. Well, yesterday, we walked for over one hour . My dog loved it and we did too.. So take a walk with someone you enjoy to be with, if you have a dog walked Him. Or ask a friend who has a dog it you can take it for a walk. Explore your world. I know I am going to explor mine.

Happy Easter
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Just another idea - I try to work out right when I get out of bed on weekends so I don't have the time to think up an excuse. If I wait, I have about 20 chores calling my name, and 2 kids, and the husband . . . :laugh:
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the great ideas I will definatly try them. I went way over my calories on Sat. because I did not bring enough good food to eat at my week end job and ended up eating at a fast food place and no exercising. I used to walk all the time with my dog that just passed in November and now have taken in this little dog that cant keep up. But I will see if my son will take a good walk with me. He is a teenager but a good kid.

Thank you again. I am back on track today.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the great ideas I will definatly try them. I went way over my calories on Sat. because I did not bring enough good food to eat at my week end job and ended up eating at a fast food place and no exercising. I used to walk all the time with my dog that just passed in November and now have taken in this little dog that cant keep up. But I will see if my son will take a good walk with me. He is a teenager but a good kid.

Thank you again. I am back on track today.

Sorry to hear about your dog. :flowerforyou:
  • backontrac
    backontrac Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    how about taking every other weekend off from exercise? it gives you a break from the routine . you do not want this to be a chore or you will just toss in the towel..keep it enjoyalbe and workable with your life style.
    remember..this isnt a short term excurtion..its a life commitment.
    keep it happy !!!
    good luck to you...
    :flowerforyou:
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Thank you my dog was my motivation after surgury to get back on my feet and walk. I owe alot to that dog (my health). I just do not want to be on any more medication and want to be healthly first for me then for my family. I watched my mom suffer through taking medications for diabeties and she cried when I told her I have it. She is a very strong woman and I want to be strong as well. I just get so mad at myself when I dont follow my plan. I did not think it would be so hard. I was skipping meals all the time and never felt hungry. Now Im hungry all the time. LOL it is only because I cant have it.

Thank you all for the support. :love: