Free Day Once a Month

Options
2»

Replies

• SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot daily, 3500, & I still do a 5000 - 6000 calorie day once a week or so. Last week I did a 4250, followed by two 5000's... that was a bit much.
    Oh, those 6,000 calorie days are so fun. Luckily I don't have them often, but they are quite a spectacle. :P
  • bethann223
    Options
    I eat a lot daily, 3500, & I still do a 5000 - 6000 calorie day once a week or so. Last week I did a 4250, followed by two 5000's... that was a bit much.
    Oh, those 6,000 calorie days are so fun. Luckily I don't have them often, but they are quite a spectacle. :P

Yeah, it's fun until you lose control and can't stop....then it's just scary, pain-inducing, and guilt-laden.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I like to binge sometimes but i think it does mess up my weight loss and I know it totally messes up my stupid type 1 diabetes! But Im crazy, I will eat good all day then go for a full 250g bag of ketchup chips, 2 chocolate bars, 25 or so 5cent sour candies and a box of nerds or sweet tarts or something. And you never know - I might finish it off with some cheesecake or icecream or both. Unreal crazy eh??? I know! It's like 2500cals at once or something. It all tastes sooooo gooooood though!!! I have to stop typing about it because I really want...............

Moral - If you cheat, don't do it as bad as I do.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options

Yeah, it's fun until you lose control and can't stop....then it's just scary, pain-inducing, and guilt-laden.

You need to step back and realize that everyone is not YOU. Some don't have these issues and can do free days or whatever and not get off track. Please stop criticizing the way others do what works for them.
  • bethann223
    Options

You need to step back and realize that everyone is not YOU. Some don't have these issues and can do free days or whatever and not get off track. Please stop criticizing the way others do what works for them.

My advice is never to take "free" days. I used to do this and ended up gaining back all the weight I lost previously because a day turned into a week.....and then it was just anarchy after that. A free meal out with friends that is planned ahead of time might work....like going to your favorite restaurant and ordering whatever you want on the menu. But an all out free day is a BAD idea, imho. It can seriously affect your weight loss *****if you are a binger like me*****

Note final phrase.