Please tell me it's possible! Success w/ tightning underarms

Options
Hi! I've done a bit of research, and really almost-nothing has come up to assure me it can be done. (Sadface!)

I know spot-reducing = no, but with fat loss & strength training over time, has anyone had a dramatic change in their arms? [In particular, their triceps/bicep area?]

I'm talking like flabby-to-fit, not skinny-to-fit. lol
So please, do share, ladies & gents- is anyone out there with before/after pictures of amazing arm-toning success?

I refuse to believe my body can't completely tone up on it's own & I want proof that I'm right! lol :sad:

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I had a big change in my arms, but it's only because I lose weight from the top down. Starts in my face, then shoulders and arms, then boobs, then waist, then hips, and LASTLY, thighs. I probably feel the same way about my thighs that you feel about your arms. Sometime's it's just the way we're built, and we need to learn to embrace. :flowerforyou:

However, I noticed that my arms started really slimming out when I was doing a combo of Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 DVD and running outside. Also kept my diet really tight. Running and eating right helped thin me out, and Ripped in 30 worked my muscles in my arms and shoulders to make everything look more defined.
  • mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I lost the first 10lbs and my arms were a lot skinnier.

Now I am working out and hope to tone everywhere and decrease my bodyfat percentage which will help :)
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I had a big change in my arms, but it's only because I lose weight from the top down. Starts in my face, then shoulders and arms, then boobs, then waist, then hips, and LASTLY, thighs. I probably feel the same way about my thighs that you feel about your arms. Sometime's it's just the way we're built, and we need to learn to embrace. :flowerforyou:

However, I noticed that my arms started really slimming out when I was doing a combo of Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 DVD and running outside. Also kept my diet really tight. Running and eating right helped thin me out, and Ripped in 30 worked my muscles in my arms and shoulders to make everything look more defined.

Thank you !!! :-) I think learning to embrace my own body is just as long of an experience as losing the weight! :tongue:
    I really appreciate the insight on those workouts, I'm always down to try new exercises... plus I love Jillian regardless of what the world has to say about her. :flowerforyou: I'm currently doing INSANTY :noway: and have dropped inches everywhere.. but I'm fearful my arms won't tighten to my vision of perfection! :embarassed:
  • S_Arr_Uh
    S_Arr_Uh Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    They're still flabby (particularly the triceps area) but the only strength training I do is for my arms, after a session of spinning (so about 2/3 times a week). My biceps are more toned and I think my triceps are a teeny weeny bit more toned, but not visibly so. However I have this blazer I bought a few months back that wasn't in my size, so I bought the smaller size down, & it was tight around the arms, so I've been using that as a guide as to how I'm doing with my arms, as it's not always noticeable! Since I've started this in the new year, the arms of the blazer now fit comfortably and so I think it is possible! No pictures, I'm afraid, just a blazer :)
  • sarahjay1
    sarahjay1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    There is a thread in the Success Stories called "My Transformation" posted by Nikkionwine. She doesn't mention her arms but you can see a huge difference especially in the side by side comparisons!
  • Wrenbot87
    Wrenbot87 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've wondered this myself. My arms look horrible...I'm talking like 20in around...it's crazy...the rest of me isn't as bad as my arms are proportionally...I just try and do push ups and arm work outs 3 or 4 days a week.
  • cvarilek
    cvarilek Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Iv'e been using beachbody programs and my arms....(at one point 300lbs 5'1") and thighs were JIGGGGLLLLY but arms are much more toned, There is still some skin that hangs but NOTHING like before. I recently finished Chalean Extreme and also les mills pump is really good for helping those areas. If you have any questions on them friend or just message me.
    Best of luck on your goals
    Cassandra
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!