HELP!

Options
Lately for about a month I've been eating anywhere from 500-700 calories a day, exercising 10 mins a day and I haven't lost weight persay but been gaining muscle and some times water weight lol but that's normal.

I don't feel hungry AT ALL after I eat and I tend to eat pretty healthy when I do, the only break that I normally have in my diet is once a week I go splurge on denny's and order one of their dinners. Yes I eat it all, don't get sick, and enjoy it!

Is this normal for anybody else to eat only once a day? I'm not dizzy and otherwise in good health by the doc, just want to know if maybe it's just my body or do I really need help and need to get to another doc lol thanks.

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    You need to find out your BMR and TDEE. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Your not eating enough!!!!!
  • JSN66614
    Options
    Actually for me, I'm overweight. 5 ft 3 and 170-174lbs
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Coffee is not nutritious food... Eat more.... Starving yourself won't work and isn't healthy!
  • ChristinaK69
    Options
    I would concentrate more on fruits, vegetables and lean meats. Try avoiding any processed foods, canned foods, etc. the coffee is probably curbing your appetite
  • Kathe2
    Kathe2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You need protein and vitamins.
    You should eat a good breakfast at least. What you are doing it not healthy.
  • mikegl1
    mikegl1 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Lately for about a month I've been eating anywhere from 500-700 calories a day, exercising 10 mins a day and I haven't lost weight persay but been gaining muscle and some times water weight lol but that's normal.

You are too low in calories.... your body is slowing itself down to preserve itself from lack of calories.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
  • JSN66614
    Options
    Okay thanks guys, I'll try to eat more gonna take it slow because well I don't know how well my body will take it. You're right the coffee with sugar and creamer is probably suppressing it. Sorry I just don't want to end up like my biological mother, anorexic and sick!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Okay thanks guys, I'll try to eat more gonna take it slow because well I don't know how well my body will take it. You're right the coffee with sugar and creamer is probably suppressing it. Sorry I just don't want to end up like my biological mother, anorexic and sick!

If you don't eat more that's the direction you are heading into. Good luck.
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You can't be serious.
  • originalkazila
    Options
    I looked through your diary and honestly my first thought was that you were a troll account. You need to eat more. :/
  • j4m8
    j4m8 Posts: 32
    Options
    This is supposed to be a supportive environment! She's asking for help. She obviously needs more resources. Be nice people. Sheesh.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Eat. You are depriving your body of necessary nutrients. At this rate you are going to wind up in the hospital. Believe me. I have seen it happen to a coworker. Again, EAT! You can't burn calories you don't consume.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Lately for about a month I've been eating anywhere from 500-700 calories a day,
    Lately, you have been starving yourself and allowing your body to ravage whatever muscle mass you have.

EAT!!!!!!!!!
  • lisa483
    lisa483 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    At least double your calories you are eating far to little
  • JSN66614
    Options
    I will eat, I'm going to take it slow and since we're going to the store tomorrow I'll eat a couple eggs for breakfast tomorrow. If I don't get sick then I'll eat maybe a sandwich and soup for lunch.

It's kind of like when your used to eating 3 meals a day and then you get super stuffed on another meal.......you feel nauseous and I don't want that. So going to talk to my doc and start to eat more thanks ya'll
  • Raven_Blackblade
    Options
    Try eating less processed foods, and more real foods.
    Avoid gluten if you can.
    Eat more seaweed (seriously, the iodine in it helps your thyroid, which helps with weight loss)
    Try to consume no more than 27 grams of sugar a day.

What kind of exercise are you doing?

Building muscle is very good, muscle continues to burn fat even after you are done exercising.

What do you do most of the day? Do you have a job? is it an active one or more sedentary?
  • JSN66614
    Options
    I can't work anymore so housework and towards exercise it's more aerobic like walking or bike riding, if it's too cold it's a video. Also things like push ups, sit ups, stretching, squats, anything I can possibly do within reason.
  • bobbi_97
    Options
    Your not eating enough calories, you need to eat more to consume for your body, to me it seems like ur starving ur self,
    come on girl eat I eat and I just started on 2-7-13 and my weigh in this week was 15 lbs just by eating.

you can do this!
  • Raven_Blackblade
    Options
    Ok Jessica,
    Bump up the good foods, and get rid of the bad ones.
    You need to eat at least 1200 especially with housework.
    Fidgeting is also good for burning calories while you are sitting.
    If you can, see if you have a hypo thyroid.
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and eating double what your eating and have lost, feel free to see my photos. You need to eat way more then that. Never below 1200 and if your working out you should eat more. I am eating about 1500 a day, healthy choices. Like yesterday, I ate eggs with salsa and spinach with vegetarian sausages. Tuna sandwich for lunch, a few snacks and for dinner i had chicken with veggies and yams. You need to fuel your body! And once you have done that try to workout at least a half hour a day, at least for your heart if not for your waistline. I LOVE jillian michaels workouts and she has a new book that just came out Slim for life which is great too!