HELPPPPPPPPP PLEASEEEEEEEEE

Options
2»

Replies

• ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    You are probably over-estimating....

...That being said, you should either work out less or eat more.
  • Mamalea32
    Options
    Thats a crazy amont of cardio! What exercises are you doing?
  • ChrisinGA
    ChrisinGA Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    As long as you eat an additional 1360 calories you're good
    Why would I eat the 1360 again?? I want to lose the weight but I don't want to hurt my body ya know?

Here's an example. I have my calories set to 1500. I will eat 1500 calories that day, then if I go to the gym and burn another 1000 calories, I will eat a total of 2500 calories that day. I do this a lot and I am still seeing progress and not gaining weight.

New to all of this but that's pretty much what I have been doing. I do not have anything to go on my arm to count my calories so only know what i loose on the treadmill, I guess in real world i loose lot more calories a day then what I am logging
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You need to eat at least 600 net calories to live. If you are working out that much you need it to be protien packed cause you body will eat its muscle!

Do you have a source to back this up? From what I understand (based on MFP settings) 1200 is the minimum net calories for a woman. Telling people who are easily impressionable that it is ok to net 600 calories a day has the potential to really hurt them.
  • Taterpoof
    Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Why would I eat the 1360 again?? I want to lose the weight but I don't want to hurt my body ya know?

Here's an example. I have my calories set to 1500. I will eat 1500 calories that day, then if I go to the gym and burn another 1000 calories, I will eat a total of 2500 calories that day. I do this a lot and I am still seeing progress and not gaining weight.

New to all of this but that's pretty much what I have been doing. I do not have anything to go on my arm to count my calories so only know what i loose on the treadmill, I guess in real world i loose lot more calories a day then what I am logging

yeah, For exercise I just go by what my HRM says. Usually i'll cut 100 from it just in case cause it always seems high. since i'm at 1500 I have a little room to breath either way
  • Grdnnut
    Options
    mach your intake to your output. if you don't eat equally then you'll have a harder time lossing.
  • EdwarddeVere
    Options
    I'm just curious, but if I am eating 1360 calories daily and doing cardio exercises that burn 1360 calories a day...is that good or bad? I am kinda confused on this whole thing. Any info would be MUCH appreciated!!! :D

Bad
  • ChrisinGA
    Options

yeah, For exercise I just go by what my HRM says. Usually i'll cut 100 from it just in case cause it always seems high. since i'm at 1500 I have a little room to breath either way

SO your HRM also counts your calories , We have been looking at HRM but not found one we like yet, well she did but its $200 I trying to find one under $100
  • Taterpoof
    Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
    Options

SO your HRM also counts your calories , We have been looking at HRM but not found one we like yet, well she did but its $200 I trying to find one under $100

I have a polar FT4 that I absolutely love! It was like $68 on amazon.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I'm a 235 lb. man. I would need to run nearly 2 hours and 15 minutes to burn 1300 calories. Presuming you are smaller, you would have to go even longer. If you're doing over 2 hours and 15 minutes a day, , , STOP!!! Throttle it back to no more than an hour a day. You could be killing yourself
  • ChrisinGA
    Options
    I have a polar FT4 that I absolutely love! It was like $68 on amazon.
    Thanks I have seen a few others say that is a good one
  • bethann223
    Options
    I'm just curious, but if I am eating 1360 calories daily and doing cardio exercises that burn 1360 calories a day...is that good or bad? I am kinda confused on this whole thing. Any info would be MUCH appreciated!!! :D

How in the world...??? Aren't you exhausted?
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are using something to track your burn accurately. 60 min of cardio I burn 350 max. I would have to be doing almost 4 hours of cardio to burn that much. My workout is pretty intense.
  • Alamo0809
    Alamo0809 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    From what I understand... your body will compensate by hanging on to every calorie, (minimal calorie burn) in these circumstances because our bodies are programmed to survive. I would really like to know more about this as well. I have totally stalled in my weight loss and my calorie intake has been pretty low while exercising. Hemmm?????
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    From what I understand... your body will compensate by hanging on to every calorie, (minimal calorie burn) in these circumstances because our bodies are programmed to survive. I would really like to know more about this as well. I have totally stalled in my weight loss and my calorie intake has been pretty low while exercising. Hemmm?????

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html
  • RHinkle26
    Options
    I run in the AM, walk during my lunch break, and then typically do fast pace dancing for about 2 hours in the evenings. Thanks you guys, I knew I wasn't feeling quiet right. I stay really tired. :)
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Noooooo. Up ur calories or eat them back. Not healthy at alllllllllll.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html
    ^ This.

Along with this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/818082-exercise-calories-again-wtf

Netting 0 calories is not a good thing. To your body, it would be the exact same as not exercising and eating nothing every day. Not only will it screw up your metabolism, it will do other bad things to your body (read the above links for explanations).
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

1360 calories is ALREADY a deficit to let you lose weight.

If you are netting 0 calories per day, that is a problem. You will die doing that. Eat back the additional 1360 calories and you'll be fine.

Fixe.......err, adjusted
  • DannyG7685
    Options
    You need to eat at least 600 net calories to live. If you are working out that much you need it to be protien packed cause you body will eat its muscle!

Do you have a source to back this up? From what I understand (based on MFP settings) 1200 is the minimum net calories for a woman. Telling people who are easily impressionable that it is ok to net 600 calories a day has the potential to really hurt them.

Holy cow, 1200?? I've been at 200-500 for the past few weeks, I suppose I should eat more!