How to reduce sugar statistics OR improve accuracy!

Roger_Williams
Roger_Williams Posts: 70 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
One simple way is to search carefully through the food and drink database and use items where people have not included a figure for sugar, although it you look at other similar items, there usually IS a sugar figure. I'm only HALF joking. I've been having a battle to cut down on sugar intake, as it's always been over the top of the recommended daily average. One day recently I noticed it was well down, and was puzzled because the foods etc., looked very similar to other days when the sugar was way up. When I looked into the detail of the foods, I found that several on that one day had zero for sugar content while the same foods with a slightly different name on another day had high sugar. I believe the latter.

This kind of undermines my desire to keep daily statistics. Can't we have a way of counting votes for "completeness" and "accuracy" for foods? It would work like the way you rate reviews on Amazon.com. "Was this review helpful?" then you get "This review was found helpful by 23 people." Since I would guess it's unreasonable to expect the two people who run this site to do the checking themselves, a rating system would help to bring the fuller and more reliable listings to the fore.

Those who run the site could then look for similar named foods (same brand, same product name and serving size--and there are PLENTY of those) and delete the ones that have collected no endorsements in favour of those that have collected quite a few.
This discussion has been closed.