I DON'T UNDERSTAND..... HELP!!!!

Options
I BOUGHT A POLAR FT7 & WHILE IM WRKG OUT IT ALWAYS SAYS CHECK YOUR HEART TRANSMITTER & THEN IT JUX STOPS
& DOESN'T COUNT DA CALORIES ANYMORE. IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING DIS PROBLEM WIT DER POLAR FT7 & IF U ARE COULD
U LET ME KNOW HOW 2 CORRECT IT?

Replies

• poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    maybe it needs a new battery
  • Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Did you wet the part of the strap around the transmitter? It needs to be damp otherwise the watch cannot find your heart rate.
  • FASTFUELXXX
    FASTFUELXXX Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I JUX GOT IT 2 DAYS AGO SO DA BATTERY IS GOOD I THINK ITS DEFECTIVE OR MAYBE IM NOT WETTIN IT ENOUGH. IM WETTIN DA PLASTIC PART BUT SHOULD DA WHOLE STRAP B SOAKED?
  • Wickedone1973
    Options
    That is how it acts when it needs the battery changed. Even though you just bought it, it could have set in a warehouse for months. I would change the battery. Also wet the strap at the point where the Heart Rate device connects to the strap, the entire 10 inches or so that is different from the majority of the strap.
  • eso2012
    eso2012 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Definitely get a new battery. As yours is new, the strap is likely still all good. I did not wash mine enough and almost went for a new one. Put that in the washing machine and voila, with the new batter, all good again. BUT, I have to say, the monitor is stil not as sensitie as should be, really takes its time to "warm up", and I do soak the strap quite a bit these days....
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    The American education system is awesome.
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    Did you wet the part of the strap around the transmitter? It needs to be damp otherwise the watch cannot find your heart rate.

this..
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options

:-)

I try to play nice but it's hard sometimes.
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    My Hrm has been doing this off and on as well, and just got it for Christmas. I have the same one. Definitely make sure the strap is wet enough and tightly on ya.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options

HAHAHAHAHA. Thank you.
  • FASTFUELXXX
    FASTFUELXXX Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    OK THNX I WILL TRY DAT