I need a new latenight snack

Options
So i used to be super healthy and pretty good at no late night snacks, but ive eased up since hitting maintenance and now every night i can have up to 6 servings of dry cereal. Help! i love late night snacking but need to make better chhoices.

Replies

• nikkionwine
    Options
    I'm no help, I just ate peanut butter cups! And an orange and hummus. Still under!
  • FASTFUELXXX
    FASTFUELXXX Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    HARDBOILED EGGS & LIGHT RANCH OR JUX DA EGGS W/CARROTS
  • Brokecoffeeaddict
    Brokecoffeeaddict Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Yoghurt and berries.

Mashed pumpkin with stevia and cinnamon.
  • rharris47250
    rharris47250 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hardboiled egg whites or cottage cheese !
  • lamos1
    lamos1 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese, sliced canned peaches, and 1 tablespoon of Honey! I love eating this snack!
  • sarabeth120
    sarabeth120 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Fruit (an apple with peanut butter is my favorite especially when I have a lot of calories to eat since peanut butter has a lot of caolories), dried fruit (dried apricots are amazing and so addictive!), hard-boiled egg, peanuts/cashews (a lot of calories/fat, but they are very good for you), regular or frozen Greek yogurt (healthy choice brand; you can find it near their stuff in the frozen dinners aisle), skinny cow has several low calories chocolate options if you crave chocolate (like me!).

That's all i can think of.
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I frequently late night snack and my go to is fruit. Veggies and hummus is also a good choice. Sometimes I go with a greek yogurt or a small (1/2 cup) cup of cereal and some almond milk. I try to keep the snacks under 150 calories since I'm usually not that hungry just bored and feeling snack-ish
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    My late night go-to snacks are:

frozen banana slices (121 cals; 31g carbs; 1g protein; 0 fat; 4g fiber)
    Kashi oatmeal dark chocolate chip cookie (130 cals; 20g carbs; 2g protein; 5g fat; 4g fiber)
    Lindt 85% dark chocolate, 1 square (58 cals; 4g carbs; 1g protein; 5g fat; 2g fiber)

Some nights, I'll eat all three. :-)
  • amberpitz
    amberpitz Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I like peanut butter on wheat toast...its filling but has more calories etc than some other posts on here
  • AmberleyAngel
    AmberleyAngel Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Here are a couple of ideas

* oven roasted chickpeas (search for how-to on web)
    * Cottage cheese with fresh fruit of choice - I particularly like it with orange, kiwifruit or apple
  • nezsorou
    Options
    I'm no help, I just ate peanut butter cups! And an orange and hummus. Still under!

Reese's peanut butter cups are my weakness. :cry:
  • nezsorou
    Options
    Snack/meal bars?
    Peanut butter with an apple?
  • tina711x
    Options
    im with ya, i love eating a night.. especially at that time of the month.. try instant pudding sugar free/fat free mixed with skim or 2% milk.. you cant even tell the difference and for some reason its alot better than the pre packaged cups. also, i dont kno where you are but in florida we have these ice cream sandwhiches called skinny cow and they are sooooo good and only like 150 calories.. or if you want something salty, pretzels are pretty low fat, or baked sour cream cheddar chips, baked cheetos.. im skinny now, but a fat kid at heart.. at night i want junk food but with out crazyy calories.. hope i helped maybe?
  • Pimpmonkey
    Options
    avocado and bacon!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    So i used to be super healthy and pretty good at no late night snacks, but ive eased up since hitting maintenance and now every night i can have up to 6 servings of dry cereal. Help! i love late night snacking but need to make better chhoices.

If you really love cereal cut it back to one or two servings and put milk on it. The protein and other nutrients in the milk will satisfy you more than the cereal itself.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I've been having a half cup of vanilla frozen yogurt topped with 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, almost every night. It's sooo yummy!
  • Schellsisbacktoattack
    Options
    Pickles!!!!!! I love them!!!
  • karensdream
    karensdream Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    rice cakes with Peanut butter and low sugar jelly. Filling and satisfies the sweet tooth