Frustrated

Options
Hello MFP friends, I am pretty new to MFP but I have been on this diet and working out for some time now and I feel like I'm just at a standstill. Not only that, I'm working out harder now and eating better now and I GAINED 5 pounds. I have to lose at least those 5 in order to fit into my wedding gown at the end of March and preferably a couple more so I can breathe easily on my big day.

I have been eating at my goal, drinking tons of water and staying away from junk foods. I have also been doing pilates and intervals on the treadmill. I do feel more muscle tone but certainly this wouldn't account for 5lbs of weight gain?

Even more frustrating is that my fiance who is also trying to get in shape and has the simple goal of losing 2 lbs to get under 300 has also come to a standstill. He is not all about counting calories and is even more frustrated that if he eats what he wants he doesn't gain anything, but he doesn't lose when he does right.

I know this sounds like a lot of whining, I am just at my wit's end and for me failure is not an option because no matter what I still have to get that dress on in 5 weeks and I need to be able to breathe. Further, I am not willing to let him give up on his health. Any ideas are appreciated.

Replies

• BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Hi. Your diary is closed so I can't see your diet and exercise to provide any real assistance. Do you mind opening your diary?

Also bump your thread in the morning because the boards are not very active this evening. You may get some good advice in the morning.