plateau

Options
Been stuck at 154.4 for almost 1 month now...HELP!

Replies

• eso2012
    eso2012 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    First of all, 38 pounds lost, WOW!! Second....what's your routine like in the past few months?
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I am at a 66lb loss today and I have endured several plateau's. No fun at all. Very discouraging. All I can advise is consistancy and do not give in or give up. Change up your eating if you eat the same stuff daily.
  • woahitsangie
    woahitsangie Posts: 139 Member
    Options

My usual routine is 1200 cals and cardio 3-4x a week. Some weeks more, some less I usaually do the treadmil, stationary bike or elliptical. Lately, its just been the elliptical and 30ds...Ive had a bad past few days, but i almost never go over cals and never eat back my cals.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I am at a 66lb loss today and I have endured several plateau's. No fun at all. Very discouraging. All I can advise is consistancy and do not give in or give up. Change up your eating if you eat the same stuff daily.

^THIS^ I have not gone more than 2 weeks without losing something, but I do know how discouraging it can be...just keep on plugging away and change something with food and exercise until you see the scales moving again! Good luck!
  • dfquigley
    Options
    It's surprising how long we can go without a change on the scale.

I'd wait longer before getting too worried, if it keeps at it, rather than panic ( stress can cause weight gain or reduce/stop weight loss ) then just make some small incremental changes to your intake and activity levels.

Our bodies can do some amazing adaptation to be in homeostasis :p
  • robertbixler3
    Options
    Might try adding some resistance training to your routine to give your body something new to do.
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad, I've lost & gained the same half a pound since the middle of October!:ohwell:
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

My usual routine is 1200 cals and cardio 3-4x a week. Some weeks more, some less I usaually do the treadmil, stationary bike or elliptical. Lately, its just been the elliptical and 30ds...Ive had a bad past few days, but i almost never go over cals and never eat back my cals.

Therein lies your problem. You shouldn't be netting below 1200. You need to eat your exercise calories.
  • MyProgressISYour1Proof
    Options
    Been stuck at 154.4 for almost 1 month now...HELP!

Try upping your intake. It may help.
  • woahitsangie
    woahitsangie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I tried upping them before, but i will try again :)