This clip from an article should be a good laugh for us

Options
AlannaPie
AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
This is a section from an article online on how to stay young. It stays we can live until 150 if we eat 1000 or less calories a day.

Believe it or not, we have recently discovered a link between caloric intake and aging. Scientific studies and proven that a restricted calorie diet can double life expectancy in all mammals. People who eat such a diet, (usually around 1,000 calories/day or less,) will have a life expectancy of close to 150 years. Also, there is the more obvious benefit that staying slim also makes you look younger.

Is it possible to eat so few calories and feel satisfied? Yes. The basic trick is to eat filling foods that are rich in nutrients and low in calories. There are many books on how to eat on calorie restriction. The best example would be a huge salad, full of veggies, as a meal. If it's big enough, it will fill you up and keep you as full as any meal.

I actually have a real life example of how calories affect aging right now in my home. We have 2 cats who are exactly the same age. They are 11. One eats all day, and the other eats barely anything. The one who eats barely anything is just like a kitten. She runs around the house and is in perfect health. I expect she will outlive most cats. The one who eats all day long has already lost his 'canine' fangs and seems to be developing vision problems. I'm sure he will not live nearly as long.

Of course, there are those people, (i call them freaks of nature,) who have unexplainably fast metabolisms who stay slimmer eating way more calories. All i can say to that is, whatever. Actually, i think they would age faster, but i could be wrong. They are, after all, freaks of nature.

Replies

• StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    haha!! :laugh:
  • CharityD
    CharityD Posts: 193
    Options
    I've seen a documentary on people who live that way as a lifestyle. This one couple was in their 80s and looked like they were 50.
    Whatever floats your boat...but that's not for me! I like to EAT!! :drinker:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I was friend with a 97 year old Chinese man who was thin and active. When I asked him his secret, he said, "keep active, and eat less each decade". Worked for him.
  • dietingsucks
    Options
    I actually have a real life example of how calories affect aging right now in my home. We have 2 cats who are exactly the same age. They are 11. One eats all day, and the other eats barely anything. The one who eats barely anything is just like a kitten. She runs around the house and is in perfect health. I expect she will outlive most cats. The one who eats all day long has already lost his 'canine' fangs and seems to be developing vision problems. I'm sure he will not live nearly as long.

This just goes to show that it's not just human processed food that's inundated with unhealthy chemicals!
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Who wants to live to 150? Not me.
  • maveriiick
    maveriiick Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    150??? Crap I am already looking like a Prune at 37... What will I be cat puke on the floor by then...
    Live life just do it healty...
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'll be ecstatic to live to be 80! My family doesn't live past mid-70's.