Good morning everyone

Options
Well, 18.7 lbs, until I become a member of ONEderland! (Currently 218.6) I never thought I'd get over that 220's mark. But I have and it is an amazing feeling! I can't wait to get past that 210 mark. I bought a shirt yesterday FROM THIS MISSES DEPARTMENT and jeans FROM JUNIORS! I've gone from a 22w to a 15 in jeans and a 2X shirt to a misses large!

I just feel wonderful..

that said, I've noticed something.. The last week of the month I lose more weight than any other week. Granted, I get my TOM the third week, and gain 5lbs for a few days.. but I never count that.. it usually goes..

Week 1.. lose 0.5-1.5 lbs
Week 2.. Same as week one
Week 3 Gain 5 lbs
Week 4.. lose that 5 PLUS 3-4 lbs...

Is this normal..
My mom thinks it's because during my TOM I eat carbs galore (working on that) but you'd think I'd in turn gain weight the following week... Right.. I mean since the 18, I was 223... Gained 5.. 228... now I'm down to 218... It's kinda odd..

A friend of mine thinks it's because the 3rd week, I don't drink as much water (working on that too) and I give my body a chance to drop the water weight.. I drink 10-12 cups a day normally and go down to 6-8 during TOM..

I don't know what to think.. I'm just happy the weight is still coming off

Any idea's of what it could be

Replies

• Rebecca__Lynn
    Options
    HEY CONGRATS!!!! That is wonderful...definitely a PROUD moment for you!

You're probably right on the gain/loss at end of month....Definitely make a huge effort to get that water in....the bod and organs needs it so desperately..and will help the retention part.

Keep on truckin'..you're doing an amazing job!! Stong young lady, you are! :drinker:
  • Stepmom1
    Stepmom1 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Well, 18.7 lbs, until I become a member of ONEderland! (Currently 218.6) I never thought I'd get over that 220's mark. But I have and it is an amazing feeling! I can't wait to get past that 210 mark. I bought a shirt yesterday FROM THIS MISSES DEPARTMENT and jeans FROM JUNIORS! I've gone from a 22w to a 15 in jeans and a 2X shirt to a misses large!

I just feel wonderful..

that said, I've noticed something.. The last week of the month I lose more weight than any other week. Granted, I get my TOM the third week, and gain 5lbs for a few days.. but I never count that.. it usually goes..

Week 1.. lose 0.5-1.5 lbs
    Week 2.. Same as week one
    Week 3 Gain 5 lbs
    Week 4.. lose that 5 PLUS 3-4 lbs...

Is this normal..
    My mom thinks it's because during my TOM I eat carbs galore (working on that) but you'd think I'd in turn gain weight the following week... Right.. I mean since the 18, I was 223... Gained 5.. 228... now I'm down to 218... It's kinda odd..

A friend of mine thinks it's because the 3rd week, I don't drink as much water (working on that too) and I give my body a chance to drop the water weight.. I drink 10-12 cups a day normally and go down to 6-8 during TOM..

I don't know what to think.. I'm just happy the weight is still coming off

Any idea's of what it could be

Hello and congratulations!!! What workout programs are you doing? Just wondering. :smile:

As women, our body weight fluctuates every month so I would say its normal. Especially when TOM comes around, I also gain like 2 lbs of all that hated water excess and other stuff that's in our bodies. It goes away as well once its over.

Don't worry about it. Just keep what you are doing if its working for you.

Is good to work on drinking your water since it flushes out a lot of unnecessary junk and keeps our bodies hydrated.

Again kudos on your progress. And also, the scale not always tells us exactly was going under our skin. Also take measurements and let your clothes give you an indication as well of what changes are happening in your body!

Good luck!!

Maria, Stepmom1
    Independent Beachbody Coach
    Fitness & Nutrition!
  • lovingmyjaybird
    Options
    thank you so much!!!!!! I mean it, thank you. I am down from 269.. I can finally say I have lost 50lbs.. YAY!!! (lol) I try desperately with the water, that third week, but I also give in and let myself have some chocolate and soda once during the week. I do so good the rest of the month, I use my TOM as an excuse and I'm not ashamed lmao. It's hard to be good when your body is screaming at you that it wants pizza rolls and burrito's. I want to be a member of Onederland by my 21st birthday, in July.. My diet buddy is my boss.. and I can't wait to go to work and tell her I'm in the teens!!!!!
    HEY CONGRATS!!!! That is wonderful...definitely a PROUD moment for you!

You're probably right on the gain/loss at end of month....Definitely make a huge effort to get that water in....the bod and organs needs it so desperately..and will help the retention part.

Keep on truckin'..you're doing an amazing job!! Stong young lady, you are! :drinker:
  • lovingmyjaybird
    Options
    Thanks you so very much! I just count my calories, still work my very active job ( I average about 15-18 thousand steps a day at work). I walk every weeknight... 2 miles. In the morning's I do cardio work out's on demand..whatever appeals to me, 20 minutes or more. Lately, it's been some dance program. I do that 4-5 times a week, when I have time. I try to find 30 minute ones.. or I'll do it twice. I do 2 sets of 20 pushup's daily, 2 sets of 20 sit ups and 2 sets of 10 lunges. My brother just dug out his old weight's for me so I'm going to start going curls... to get this fat off my arms. My legs look fabulous. Thanks for the tip on the measurements. I just measured for the first time on the 29th.. Can't wait to do it again...

Hello and congratulations!!! What workout programs are you doing? Just wondering. :smile:

As women, our body weight fluctuates every month so I would say its normal. Especially when TOM comes around, I also gain like 2 lbs of all that hated water excess and other stuff that's in our bodies. It goes away as well once its over.

Don't worry about it. Just keep what you are doing if its working for you.

Is good to work on drinking your water since it flushes out a lot of unnecessary junk and keeps our bodies hydrated.

Again kudos on your progress. And also, the scale not always tells us exactly was going under our skin. Also take measurements and let your clothes give you an indication as well of what changes are happening in your body!

Good luck!!

Maria, Stepmom1
    Independent Beachbody Coach
    Fitness & Nutrition!